cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought 3G data at 3G speed. But It shows been used up but actually not.

rsrsrs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I bought 3GB data add-ons and have not used them for a few days it shows the 3GB data is used up. 

I don't feel it is right to download the usage history.  The total usage sum up is 787MB. Why it shows the 3GB data add-on is used up?  How to fix it or get credit back?

rsrsrs_0-1693616258691.png

@Ck_PM 

Thanks,

Robin

7 REPLIES 7

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @rsrsrs , I didn't see a mention of which plan you are currently on? Did you make a change to your plan recently? 

• Data add-ons are valid for 30 days after you purchase them. After 30 days, any unused data will expire
    • Note: any data add-ons purchased before May 8th, 2023 will not be subject to a 30 day expiry. These data add-ons will continue to roll-over until they are fully consumed
  • If you change your plan your data add-on will fall off and no longer be valid. You will have to purchase a new add-on

Data Add-ons:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/data-add-ons

Hope this helps.

@rsrsrs  I’m guessing you had some apps updating in the background . Even at home with wifi on . If you have wifi assist it can use your cellular data . For me this is true when I go to my garage it’s flicks between wifi and cellular data  grabbing what gives the best signal . But you can ask support to investigate. But it’s most likely been used up and as @MetaMorpheusMob   if your going thru that much data maybe consider the new plan 20GB for $39 opt in for 90 days and it works out to $34 a month . So lay $102 upfront with 60GB for 90 days . Just make plan change for next renewal and not immediately so you don’t lose money on your current cycle 

rsrsrs

I clicked as you circled. The 3GB adds-on is not there anymore. Which means it is used up from the public mobile system. 

rsrsrs_0-1693617299242.png

rsrsrs

I don't think this will help. The information is from the public mobile website it has nothing to do with browser's cache. I also received text messages and tried to sell me more data add-ons. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@rsrsrs  If your phone has wifi assist maybe turn it off . Is there any chance some apps updated in the background. check your usage like this 

Try again incognito/private mode

And or lap top /computer

OR

simply try refreshing the page to check data plan / mins / add ons

Handy1_0-1693616955599.jpeg

For most up to date account info

rsrsrs

I bought it on Aug 26 has not reach 30 days yet.

rsrsrs

@CS_Agent Can you help to take a look?

Thanks,

Need Help? Let's chat.