I am unable to receive SMS from bank in hong kong

mantoryu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

6 REPLIES 6

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mantoryu 

From past experiences from other customers, international short codes (ie. from banks) often do not work with Public mobile.  You will need to find another way to access your account.  

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@mantoryu  Ask the bank if you can get the code another way such as email.  I believe that short code 2FAs texts such as from banks may not work internationally.

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mantoryu - Also try contacting your Hong Kong bank about the issue with having a Canadian number for 2FA and it doesn't send despite that I have free texts to Hong Kong.

fixin

@mantoryu - Oh, that's unusual, send a ticket to CS_Agent or maybe your Hong Kong Bank allows only China numbers to not get charged for texting intentionally? 

⬇️ Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. Please ensure that you pay attention for an agent because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

mantoryu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your reply. I am in Canada but unable to receive a bank an international SMS verification code sent from Hong Kong 

fixin

@mantoryu - Public Mobile doesn't work in Hong Kong, only in the USA. So you cannot receive texts, send texts, make & receive calls & no data in anywhere except USA.

Need Help? Let's chat.