cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to add Talk minutes to my base of 100.

HollisLockert
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did the $5 add on and they put them into my long distance.  This is not what I want. I want to my general talk minute account.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BEER wrote:

@HollisLockert wrote:

I did the $5 add on and they put them into my long distance.  This is not what I want. I want to my general talk minute account.

Thank you

So why is that a problem? For the $5 you get local and long distance.

OP might think that he/she cannot use those minutes for Local Calling (which we know is not correct). 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@HollisLockert wrote:

I did the $5 add on and they put them into my long distance.

Not really.....they show in the add on list. And other than USA add ons all add ons carry over month to month. 

This is not what I want. I want to my general talk minute account.

Won’t  happen, as those 100 minutes expire every 30 days. Do you want the 100 and the 500 to both expire every 30 days. 

Think about it, enlighten yourself to understand the logical format that PM provides.

Also keep in mind, your plan 100 minutes are always used first. 

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HollisLockert wrote:

Thank you

So why is that a problem? For the $5 you get local and long distance.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

They are one in the same, @HollisLockert 

All "minutes" purchased for minute-limited plans are 'Canada-wide' minutes.

They can be used for local or long-distance calling.   Canada is viewed, basically, as one big calling area with mobile service providers who have what's labelled as Canada wide calling within their calling packages.

Public Mobile did, at one time, venture into Province-wide calling options, however that has not been well adopted by its customer base.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The add-ons don't work that way. They will be under the add-ons area. What's great about these add-ons is that they stay on the account until needed. Say you use up your 100 minutes during a call. The call will just carry on. Then on your next renewal you will go back to the 100 minutes. You don't re-buy the add-on at renewal either. It just goes back to the background waiting to be needed again.

Another seldom used option is to ask support to do an early renewal of the plan. But you would let go of any unused data in the 250mb and it would reset as well.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

This is the only $5 “calling” addon. And is same as your 100 minutes, Canada Wide, although they don’t expire until all used. 

D49461BA-4C0A-4DFB-AB30-EFAB3227B398.jpeg

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@HollisLockert  Of you bought the 500 Canada Wide minutes for $5, you'll be fine using those to call.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@HollisLockert   you want minutes to call within Canada?  did you buy 

500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance  ?

If so, that is the correct one.  No worry.  Reboot the phone and try making calls and it should work

Need Help? Let's chat.