cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in Chambly and I have coverage problems with my Public Mobile SIM

sary1611
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We have recently moved from Sherbrooke to Chambly and we have noticed insufficient conversion, calls such as Mobile Data in this area where we are... We would like to know if Public Mobile does not have coverage in this Area of ​​the Country.

18 REPLIES 18

sary1611

Negative, both Pixel and OnePlus Nord phones moved around chambly places and coverage was always a problem, whether close to these antennas or not.

sary1611

Well, trying to Help the community, I have made the change, created a New APN with the configuration sent and even so, the coverage or data is still the same... I hope to have a solution soon.

@sary1611 wrote:

The Problem may not be APN or even Network Type or in General the Phone Model

antenas_chambly.png

@sary1611 , do you have issues in the entire area or does it get better when signal strength is stronger when situated closer to a tower?  If performance is location dependent, then it could be coverage related.  

sary1611

The Problem may not be APN or even Network Type or in General the Phone Model

antenas_chambly.png

@sary1611 

the reason I asked you to help is what I still think there is a chance that it is APN related

Many have data and MMS problem with OnePlus and ended up needing to change the APN to get it working

Of course, if you don't feel comfortable updating it, don't.  But while you are out of idea and waiting for support to come back with an answer, and if you are comfortable make the change, why not

Also, it is a very safe change I suggested, I asked you to make a new profile instead of messing around with your current APN profile.  If anything, you can easily change back to the original profile

@sary1611 wrote:

So if you doubt that it works, why tell me to make that change? The same thing happens in the city, there are blind places without any connection.

@sary1611 , please don't mess around with APN settings.  If you have a data connection already, creating new APNs will not improve data speed.  I suggest looking at the tower map in your area to determine the coverage specific to your locale.  Perhaps you are are situated in a coverage hole.  

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=45.462983&lng=-73.401031&zoom=11&type=Road...

sary1611

So if you doubt that it works, why tell me to make that change? The same thing happens in the city, there are blind places without any connection.

@sary1611 

when you move around the city, any difference in terms of the connection?

I doubt it will help, but try.

Create a new APN Profile (make sure you save it correctly) and set the new one as active one:

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
         or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
           (might need to include DUN for hotspot, please note case sensitive)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
                or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

sary1611

And Yes, i change Network, to 3G and Nothing Change, 4G or LTE the Same 

sary1611

My Phone Model is a One Plus Nord N20 5G, Model: CPH2459

sary1611

OK I send a Message.. And i hope have solution for my problem !!

sary1611

From the French Forum is my cousin, who was visiting us, and we had the same problem with 2 Phones of different Brands and Models, nothing solves the problem, the connection is lost repeatedly, not even changing or modifying the types of networks to use. I come back and repeat, we came from Sherbrooke, where everything with Public Mobile was 100%, just by entering Chambly, the connection worsened by 90%

@sary1611 

can you show a screenshot with 4G or LTE?

and what phone is that? make and model?

@sary1611 

if you have a physical sim, try putting the sim in another phone and test.  This will force a sim reprovision and could resolve your problem when you put the sim card back to the old phone

but if you don't have a physical sim, or that steps above does not work, please open ticket with PM support and ask them to reprovision your account or check if any local network issue:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

sary1611

Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-06-03 a las 14.30.47_a7951737.jpg

sary1611

It should be fine because in Sherbrooke the Service worked well and now in Chambly this service does not work, neither call coverage nor Mobile Data connection, changing the connection, 3G, 4G or 5G does not work.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sary1611 

how long you got the network issue in Chambly?

@EliecerBrito from the French forum reported poor coverage in Chambly too.   I have checked and it has decent coverage there.  Did you try to Reset All Networks? try changing the network mode to 4G/LTE or 3G and test if for couple hours and see any improvement

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sary1611 

the coverage map shows chambly has 5G and 4G/3G coverage.  Chambly is not rural, it should be ok
https://publicmobile.ca/en/nb/coverage

any of your friends with Bell or Telus experiencing the same?

Need Help? Let's chat.