cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am going to british columbia from ontario, will incoming, outgoing and data work same as in ON?

gurveinn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am going to british columbia from ontario, will incoming, outgoing and data work the same as it does when im in ontario? 

6 REPLIES 6

@stonechucker wrote:

I personally am on a provincewide calling plan from 2016. I rarely call outside of Ontario but I do have a bucket of Canadawide minutes and US calling available to me along with a $500 Canadawide long-distance plan which I have never touched as an addon.

That typo is quite a plan, lol.

I personally just bought 500-minute Canada-wide add-ons (for $5 each) as necessary. Although even this has hardly been necessary with all the free add-ons Public Mobile has given out in recent years. And it would be entirely unnecessary on any of the Unlimited Canada-wide calling plans.

@gurveinn , simple answer is yes if you have Canadawide calling in your plan.  If you are on provincewide calling, you will be able to call anywhere in British Columbia with your ONTARIO number but nobody in British Columbia will be able to call you locally as it will be a long distance number to call ONTARIO for your number, if they don’t have a Canadawide plan also.

I personally am on a provincewide calling plan from 2016. I rarely call outside of Ontario but I do have a bucket of Canadawide minutes and US calling available to me along with a $500 Canadawide long-distance plan which I have never touched as an addon.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

If you're in BC and ON is your "home" province then ON callers will be able to contact you "locally". They may need to dial 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx to signal a "long distance" call within Canada but it shouldn't apply any long distance charges.

Callers in BC will need to dial 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx to call you "long distance" to your ON number, even if they happen to be standing in the same room.

All plans from all carriers basically have Canada-wide calling these days. But many legacy plans were local-calling or province-wide only, some business lines may be province-wide only, etc. People without Canada-wide calling will have to pay long distance charges.

If you plan to stay in BC permanently (and do a lot of BC-to-BC calling) then you might be better off choosing a BC number.

@gurveinn 

It should work fine, Canada wide calling and texting. Better than some small carriers.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @gurveinn   Data is for sure Canada wide, so, it will be same

For voice, most of us should have Canada wide calling, so, it should be same.  Some might have Provincial wide calling, then it will be different

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@gurveinn wrote:

I am going to british columbia from ontario, will incoming, outgoing and data work the same as it does when im in ontario? 

Yes. It does.

Need Help? Let's chat.