cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accidentally moved my phone number to my sons phone

Daisy6
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have two public mobile accounts.  One for my sons phone and one for mine.  When I was setting mind up, I accidentally sent my phone number to his phone.  Is there any way that I can transfer the number to my phone from his phone?  Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

@Daisy6 wrote:

Are you a Public mobile employee?

Sorry, but I do not work for Public Mobile.

@Daisy6 wrote:

ok thanks.  How long does it usually take for the CS people to respond?

This could take a few minutes or it could be a few hours. It depends on the volume of support requests.

Daisy6

ok thanks.  How long does it usually take for the CS people to respond?

Daisy6

This is a good suggestion.  Thank you!

axe_grinder

@Daisy6 

Purchase a new Sim card from Amazon or directly from a Telus, Koodo or Mobile Klinik store. Ordering from Public Mobile takes too long.  Before you swap out the e-sim with the Sim card in your son's account contact support (or when they reply to your message now) explain the situation and see if they are willing to change the plans in the two accounts to the intended ones.

No guarantees but maybe it's your lucky day.

@Daisy6 

We are all members like you and are helping you with a solution.

Daisy6

Are you a Public mobile employee?

Daisy6

Is there a way to find out what the plan options available to us would be before going this direction?

@Daisy6 wrote:

Thank you.  I sent a message to a CS agent.

This isn't something that a customer support agent can fix, at least not without steps being taken on your and son's part as well.  Public Mobile's customer support agents will not swap the phone numbers between accounts, so this means that yes, you're going to have to switch SIM cards for both of you to have the desired phone numbers. 

You will need to take your son's SIM card and use it for yourself as that has your phone number.  A new SIM card will need to be purchased for your son to use (to replace the account that current has the eSIM).  As for the plans being different, a plan change can be scheduled, but the chocies of plans won't be same as those that are offered to new customers.

Daisy6

Thank you.  I sent a message to a CS agent.

Daisy6

It won't be that simple.  He has a physical sim as he has a flip phone and I opted with an esim, so I can't just transfer that to him because it is not compatible.

Could I put his sim card in my phone and then get him another sim card? and reset his account.  We also have different plans so the plan is probably connected to the sim, so that wouldn't work either.

@Daisy6 wrote:

I have two public mobile accounts.  One for my sons phone and one for mine.  When I was setting mind up, I accidentally sent my phone number to his phone.  Is there any way that I can transfer the number to my phone from his phone?  Thanks

If you are both using physical SIM cards, you can switch SIM cards with each other.  If you're using eSIM cards, both accounts will need a new eSIM assigned. This can be done from inside each Public Mobile self serve account.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Daisy6 You're going to need to connect with a CS agent as they will have access to your account. You will need to open a ticket through the Chatbot: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
(and then type: Customer Support Agent)

Or, if you are having trouble with the Chatbot try sending a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
(note: you will need to be logged into your Community account for this link to work)

Need Help? Let's chat.