cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Can't Afford to Pay for Two Phone Plans Anymore Please I Need Help to Port Please

CarolineSC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Jeremy_M@Mary_M@Shazia_K

So here we are, another day spent following forums on PM trying to get someone to help me. I just don't know what to do anymore. I started with patiently waiting, but sadly I feel that will get me know where anytime soon. 

I need help to port over from Koodo. Please.

If you are unable to do this please tell me how to cancel. Can I just call the credit card company and put a cancel on the charge? I have been paying now for two plans and just can't afford to do this. I switched to PM in order to cut out things that I couldn't afford to pay for, and yet now PM has 3 months of money paid upfront and I am not getting any closer to even being able to use the service that I am paying for. And now my Koodo plan is about to start another cycle. 

Sad.

Should you find the time to help me I have sent a private message with all the info. Thank you. 

17 REPLIES 17

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Just have some faith

CarolineSC

Woohoo! It finally happened. I was ported. Not due to a moderator answering me. But apparently my time had come in the email que. So this is good news for those of you waiting.

@fch CCTS certainly applies to prepaid

You just have fewer rights

fch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your account is not pro-rated if on Koodo Prepaid. That's why I am paying for 2 services to keep my number active for porting. If my number is not ported by Nov 25, then I have to make a full month payment to koodo to keep number active. CCTS only applies to post paid account and not prepaid.

Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22
You pm start date will be adjusted to the day it starts working

Myxx

Same issue here..  Paying for Rogers plan that I was going ti port out from and my new PM plan.   I cannot log into self serve to commence the port so I have 2 phone bill s now ... Please fix this 

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Also when the port happens you will just be charged for the amount of days in service with your previous provider (if post paid).   If they do charge you the full 30 days, you can file a complaint with the CCTS and you will get a refund. 

Rockdaddy22
So she will get a refund, so she won't be paying for 2 services.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Won't Koodo refund anything if you port out in the middle of the month?

Yes but remember to issue refund usually takes a while (not sure for Koodo but Bell can take 90 days)

@Rockdaddy22 yes that is OP concern. Pays Koodo for the next 30 days, then Public port happens in lets just say 5

So OP has "wasted" 25 days with Koodo

I'm not agreeing just explaining

Rockdaddy22
Won't Koodo refund anything if you port out in the middle of the month?

Rockdaddy22
I still don't see a problem, is the Koodo sim still working?

@Rockdaddy22 they are referring to the extra money Koodo took to keep plan alive

I would point out to OP (and board in general) it is very foolish to wait until end of bill cycle to port your number

Public has been very poor lately but always give yourself time to complete a port request

@CarolineSC you don't need to pay another month. Call Koodo and tell them switch plan to prepaid

Rockdaddy22
So what's the problem?

@Rockdaddy22 I think they mean because they have prepaid for 3 months and their old provider is going to cycle to a new month they have put out money for two services.  Luckily PM will just advance the renewal date from when the line is fully functioning

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rockdaddy22
What do you mean paying for 2, your plan will start on the day it's fixed.
Need Help? Let's chat.