cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P30 Lite - model MAR-LX1M

lance_t81
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I recently got a new Huawei P30 Lite - model MAR-LX1M with 6GB/128GB. 

My currently phone is a Samsung Galaxy A5, and this phone works perfectly fine with the nano SIM card from Public Mobile. 

However, when I placed the Public Mobile SIM card into the new Huawei P30 Lite, I cannot make or receive any calls.  This phone works fine with my friend's BellMTS SIM card, so I know it's not the phone itself.  I also tried this phone with a Rogers SIM card, and it works fine too.

I had tried to restart the phone, power-cycled it, etc, but still unable to use it on Public Mobile. 

Does anyone know if this phone is compatible?
Thanks in advance!

144 REPLIES 144

@lance_t81 

Do not post the IMEI number in a public forum.

lance_t81

Is the IMEI number supposed to be highly protected? In other words, I don't mind posting the IMEI number here if that helps, but just want to make sure that I should post that publicly to begin with is OK.

This is a new phone bought by someone else, then given to an older family member as a no-frills entry-level gift. It is not a used phone.

I should also add that --- the PM SIM card works fine on my own personal phone (OnePlus 7 Pro).  It also works fine on the current phone that it is in, which is the super ancient Samsung Galaxy A5 that the older family member is currently using

lance_t81

@AnonymousYes I tried SIM 1, and I tried the Factory Reset methods (the ones from the phone's menu - see my previous post for screenshots).

Do you think I need to do a hard Factory Reset?

lance_t81

@softechYes I tried both SIM slots, no luck

lance_t81

@AnonymousInteresting observation about that "Default calling SIM"... This option can't be changed when there is only 1 SIM card - I popped in the BellMTS SIM card, and the screenshots are as shown - and it works with the BellMTS card, as well as with a friend's Rogers card

This is what it looks like with BellMTS, WCDMA only:

lance_t81_0-1639975372705.pnglance_t81_1-1639975412179.png

lance_t81_2-1639975472521.pnglance_t81_3-1639975491119.png

lance_t81

Hi all,

I did try both SIM card slots - checked APN, checked WCDMA only, restart/power off between each try. 
I did also try the "Factory Reset" method by following the online instructions.  Now, these methods are not really "hard resets" if you will - they were very fast and I was not asked to re-install the System Software Updates like when I first powered the phone on for the first time.

See attached screenshots for the Reset options that I tried:

lance_t81_0-1639974616122.pnglance_t81_1-1639974650960.pnglance_t81_2-1639974664491.png

lance_t81_3-1639974681975.png

@lance_t81 

factory reset and try again

otherwise contact customer support. maybe PM is blocking the IMEI for some reason. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

CSA are available from
- Monday to Friday: 6AM- 10PM EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 6AM- 10PM EST

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lance_t81 : Don't worry about APN for now. That's just for data. That's an interesting option "Default calling SIM". Can you change it to whichever slot you have this SIM in? If you have multiple SIM's in then just have this one in to narrow the testing. Try the SIM in either slot. Make sure the SIM is active. And yes keep the WCDMA whatever option for now.

@lance_t81   did you change the SIM to the other slot as suggested by @gpixel 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lance_t81 

can you try to switch to SIM 1
and you did try to do Factory Reset?

lance_t81

Hi everyone,
Thank you for your responses.  I tried the following:
- Tried the APN name method on both SIM slots, with WCDMA mode only
- Powering off device, reset all network settings etc. 
Still no dice.  Here are my screenshots:

lance_t81_0-1639965961028.pnglance_t81_1-1639966015755.pnglance_t81_2-1639966038222.pnglance_t81_3-1639966051271.png

lance_t81_5-1639966153758.pnglance_t81_6-1639966190493.png

I then switch "Automatic" off to see what it can pick up, and it showed the following providers:

lance_t81_7-1639966240247.png

Then I switched the SIM slot, powered phone off and on, and repeated the steps above, no luck

lance_t81_8-1639966305680.png

@lance_t81 

MAR-LX1M is the Russian, South African version. it's also a dual sim. most dual sim phones use one side for 3g and LTE and the other side is only LTE. so try the other slot

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lance_t81 

Yes is will working with Public Mobile.

visit Here link to you review full information,

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

visit  Here link, to check it all Provider in Canada about compatibility with any device..

you can try to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

check the APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

if you still not working try to do Factory Reset.

How to Reset Settings in HUAWEI P30 Lite – Reset Defaults.

@lance_t81 wrote:

Yes, this is the global version - for the EU region.  It has access to Google Play Services, and all of that jazz.

@lance_t81 

This may be the reason:

t_p_0-1639928441203.png

Using the phone on 3G-only (WCDMA) may solve the problem .

lance_t81

Very interesting!  I will try this later and see what I get for sure!  Thank you!

lance_t81

That's correct.  I can absolutely and affirmatively confirm that the phone is unlocked, as it is an international model.

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@esjliv wrote:

@lance_t81  - is this a 'new to you phone'? Was it previously used on the Bell network?

Perhaps it is locked to BELL?

Have the previous owner contact to unlock it for you, if this is the case. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

Given the date of release of that model of phone, I would say it wouldn't be provider-locked as it came out in 2019, so it's highly unlikely.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lance_t81  - is this a 'new to you phone'? Was it previously used on the Bell network?

Perhaps it is locked to BELL?

Have the previous owner contact to unlock it for you, if this is the case. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

@lance_t81 wrote:

Yes, this is the global version - for the EU region.  It has access to Google Play Services, and all of that jazz.

@lance_t81 

You can read more about your model version and compatinility with PM here .

@lance_t81   even it works on 3G.. the 4G would be a problem.. i would avoid this phone myself.. but let us know how it goes

lance_t81

lance_t81

Thanks all for your quick responses.  I did the following things earlier:
- Manually scanned for network providers: Bell, Rogers, Telus showed up, but not PM
- Turned off LTE in the network setting, it then went to the next setting (I don't recall what it was) - still got the message Network Provider.

I will try again tomorrow with the 3G suggestion - the SIM card is at an older family member's place - this phone was meant to be a no-frills upgrade for them.

I will post my results here as I explore more.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lance_t81 

Huawei P30 Lite,  MAR-LX1M,  should work on PM.. .. but won't be great

you got it from Russia or South Affica?

The voice should be no problem. it has both B2 and B5.  However, it should be weak for data/LTE, it only has B5 and B7 that are compatible with PM

Try to change the Network to 3G Only and see if voice and data work on 3G

@lance_t81 wrote:

I recently got a new Huawei P30 Lite - model MAR-LX1M with 6GB/128GB. 

My currently phone is a Samsung Galaxy A5, and this phone works perfectly fine with the nano SIM card from Public Mobile. 

However, when I placed the Public Mobile SIM card into the new Huawei P30 Lite, I cannot make or receive any calls.  This phone works fine with my friend's BellMTS SIM card, so I know it's not the phone itself.  I also tried this phone with a Rogers SIM card, and it works fine too.

I had tried to restart the phone, power-cycled it, etc, but still unable to use it on Public Mobile. 

Does anyone know if this phone is compatible?
Thanks in advance!

Does it work on the 3g/HSPA networks of Bell and Rogers?  If so, the phone is compatible with Public Mobile. I realize that Bell doesn't have a 2g GSM network, but the phone could be connecting to LTE services, and that's why I'm asking about the 3g network.

Need Help? Let's chat.