cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refer a friend

Jyasmin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good day!

My friend has my refer number, but he doesn't understand how to use it. How  can he get a sim number from public mobile and when and how he can use my refer number. 

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello again, i believe the "plan" will be active on the day you make a payment for that plan. Then you will need to activate the SIM when you receive it. For that reason i would suggest getting a sim card first and activate both at the same time. You can also choose to use an eSim so you dont need to wait for a physical sim.

@Jyasmin wrote:

Thank you. Please advise he is registering right now. And Public Mobile requires to pay now for subscription before receiving physical Sim card. Does it mean that this plan will be activated from today or when he will receive Sim card he can activate his plan.

The plan start when he receives the SIM card and completes the activation process.

Jyasmin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there 

Thank you. Please advise he is registering right now. And Public Mobile requires to pay now for subscription before receiving physical Sim card. Does it mean that this plan will be activated from today or when he will receive Sim card he can activate his plan.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Jyasmin, when your friend is going through the actual signup process online the last step will ask to enter any promo codes or friend referal codes. 

AK32

Hey, just to clarify, your refer code is different than your phone number, your referral code can be found under the Account tab in your PM app.  Your friend should see a message when signing up asking if he was referred and if so to enter the code.   If he passed that but his account is still newly opened, you can message a support agent to apply the code (he may have to send the message).  
You can contact support here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

EB0

when your friends signs for a new service, he can enter your referral code in case sensitive, in referral code fuels, also he can get a free SIM card shipped to his address, but it will take around 3 weeks.

Need Help? Let's chat.