cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a payment while outside Canada.

Rakhiej
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am not able to login in to my account to make a payment on my public mobile number. It is not letting me in without an OTP. I tried asking my friends to do a instant top up as mentioned in the link below but that service is not available too. Could someone help me with making a recharge so that I don't lose my number? Please suggest any other way to complete a payment to my number.

Thanks

edited by computergeek541:  removed unrelated category labels

24 REPLIES 24

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If it's redirecting to the Home Page my guess is the Account has been closed. 

I hope CSA is able to restore it for you.

Rakhiej

Got it, thanks a lot. I already posted cs agent with my issue. 

@Rakhiej 

likley it has gone back to Rogers already. But please message support and see if they can do anything.  But even they can reassign you the number, you will have to activate a new account with a new PM sim card quickly

But first, message support:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Rakhiej

Yeah, it redirects me to the home page every time. All I can do is access this community page. Do you know if my number has gone back to Rogers or still could be with public mobile. I am 7 days late but still hoping if could get my number back.

Priority

How about when signing into My Account directly on the Public Mobile Website, does it redirect you to the Home Page after sign in?

Rakhiej

That's the only email, didn't get any other emails.

Priority

That email you got isn't asking you to renew by August 3rd, it's telling you that plan will expire for grabs on August 3rd. That's currently a promotion, they are just advertising it. This would have nothing to do with you account, and the date on the email is the end date of this 20GB Promotion Plan. So after August 3rd, no one will be able to get 20GB for $39 anymore.

Is there any other emails, or is that the only one?

Rakhiej

It was a Rogers number when I first took it and then later ported to public.

Yeah, its been more than 90 days. I forgot to recharge since I was travelling. 

The number originated with a Rogers family provider (landline?). Do you think you just missed the deadline? Or has it been a bit of time? You would need to get a sim and sign up and then beg and plead with Public to get it back for you. If they don't then you'd need to wait for it to return to Rogers and then sign up an account with them and try to pick it up. Then do what you like with it then.

Adding - look in your credit card transactions for your last payment date of your last renewal.

Rakhiej

Its 437-237. Is there a way to get it back? I never got any intimation email.

Right. So that verifies what user Priority said earlier. Seems you missed the deadline for full deactivation. The date on that email may be saying that the promotion period for that plan ends on the 3rd. Unrelated to your plan.
What are the first 6 digits of your phone number?

Rakhiej

Just redirected to the home page again and no option of logging into the account.

And what if you click on that resume services button in the email? Since you were able to get the code via email.

Rakhiej

You are probably right. I called using text now and it said trouble finding my number. But it's just weird because i got this email to recharge by 3rd August.

Rakhiej_0-1690959678481.png

Rakhiej

I got this but doesn't say a hard deadline. Just says offer availability.

Rakhiej_0-1690959112506.png

In TextNow, dial the toll free number I gave you earlier and choose a language then enter your phone number. If it says suspended then good. If it says invalid or can't find it or something then it's too late.
If good then press * then 1 and 1 and enter the voucher pin code you got.

Priority

Also, when you try to sign into 'My Account' on the Website, does it ask for a code or immediately redirect to the Public Mobile Homepage?

If it redirects to the Public Mobile Homepage, 90% of the time this will mean the Account has been closed. 

Rakhiej

Could you please tell me more about this - as you mentioned in your message above- "They'll want to sell them a voucher but they need to tell the clerk that it's the service that they take the phone number and the amount and the provider and it magically goes in"

Priority

You'll get an email a few days before the Account is closed and your number is released like this notifying you before hand. 

Did you ever get this email?

Screenshot_20230802_014425_Gmail.jpgSmartSelect_20230802_014441_Gmail.jpg

Rakhiej

No, I am not getting an OTP.  But using resend code, I did get a code on my email, however, even after using it I am able to login here into community and able send these post but no whereabouts of my account where I can make a recharge. Is it possible that I might have already lost my number. I didn't keep track of 90 days unfortunately. Is there a way to know if the number is active?

Priority

Unfortunately I don't think you can call from another Phone Number to pay with a voucher, 611 must be called from the Public Phone you want to top up or manage. 

Rakhiej

Hi, thanks for the text. But I have a voucher, however I am unable to make any call from outside Canada. I have text now application but I didn't follow you instructions well. Do I make a call using text now? and on which number?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you dial a North American toll free number from where you are? Or can you get a voip app like Textnow...then you can.
Then buy a voucher online from something like recharge.com and then dial 1-855-4pu-blic and you can enter the voucher.
The instant top up is actually pretty cool. Your friend needs to go to something like a Mobil gas station and ask for it. They'll want to sell them a voucher but they need to tell the clerk that it's the service that they take the phone number and the amount and the provider and it magically goes in.

Priority

Even outside if Canada, when you have the Public Mobile SIM Card in(even if the service is Suspended.) You'll still be able to receive the OTP/2FA Code to Login. 

Have you tried to see if this text message comes through, and if it doesn't when you press 'Resend Code' is there not an option to have it sent to your Email Address yet?

Need Help? Let's chat.