cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get tel# for new account & Plan for second family member

Deb9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a cell phone and plan with Public Mobile. I have bought a cell phone for my husband and ordered a Public Mobile SIM card. Two questions:

1) Is there a plan available when getting a second plan/discount for a family member?

2) How do I get a tel# for the new phone.

5 REPLIES 5

Community_QA_
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Deb9 Tier 3 providers, PM, Lucky, Chatr, all do not have family plans.  So, a new email to create a new account.

but remember to use your friend code to activate the new line

for the phone #, you will get to pick the number when you setup

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Deb9 

- If you have an existing plan with PM, remember to use the Referral code for a $10 discount for his second bill and you will get a $1 credit/month or 1 point/month to your account.

This is the only discount available if other members join PM so there are no family discount.

- When you activate his SIM ON the PM app, you have the option to port your old number over to PM from the previous carrier or the other option is picking a new number.

The SIM will have all your account information and phone number and not the phone.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

1. No family plans. All individual.

2. You can pick a new number once he's ready to sign up.

With regards to getting a number, I downloaded Fongo and TextNow and continued playing with it at the start till I found a number I really liked. Then, I had it ported to Public Mobile. You get a temp number with PM then request the port. I'm not gonna say my number but I like it and it's easy!

Now, you asked about a family discount, as stated there is none. HOWEVER, if you sign him up using your referral code, he'll get a $10 credit on his account. You will get $1 off every month he has PM. Win Win in my opinion.

Maryssa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did the same for my son and had to create a separate profile for him, different email 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

1. No. No family plans here.

2. During the sign up process you get the opportunity to pick a number.

Need Help? Let's chat.