cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable call forwarding options? [Solutions within]

Globalize
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have various call forwarding options within my Android phone, they are as follow:

1) Always Forward

2) When Busy

3) When Unanswered

4) When Unreachable 

I would like to use 4) When Unreachable only, but options 2, 3, and 4 are enabled by default. I was wondering if anyone knows how to disable options 2 and 3? When I clicked the "turn off" button by tapping the individual options, I get a "Call settings error - Your operator doesn't support disabling call forwarding when your phone doesn't answer". Is anyone else getting the same thing as me? 

The reason I am asking because I have my Fongo number setup for "When Unreachable" and do NOT want my Fongo number to ring when busy or unanswered. I could just simply change the number associated with the options 2 and 3, but that would lead to another number ringing. 

EDIT: Ahhh after playing with the phone settings, I have discovered how to achieve this. The solution to turning off the individual options is to delete the number associated with the options and click update, you will receive a "call settings error" specifying unexpected response from network. Then that respective option will be grayed out, indicating it is now off. In addition, if it shows a forwarding number of "15875884001", this means the option is now off. (You may get a different forwarding number shown there). 

1 REPLY 1

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Note, this is how voicemail works.  The number shown there by default should be the voicemail access number for your phone (different access numbers for different area codes - are you sure yours isn't 587-580-4001?  That's one of the 587 voicemail numbers according to this thread).  That's why you can't turn it off entirely (and it's also how you would use a third party voicemail provider like YouMail, if PM properly supported OCN right now).

Need Help? Let's chat.