cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the e.mail?

Rushmore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just had my SIM card activated and PM account created by the local retailer.  Because of COVID situation, they took my details at the curb and told me to come back to the curb in 15 mins. 

When I came back I was told that my e.mail did not work so they created a gmail account for me.  I don’t want a gmail and want to change it but I’m not able to do so.  

In addition when I try to login to the account using the “created” e.mail I get the error message.  

I need help with sorting this out.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Rushmore

Probably not a bad idea, though I'm not an expert on security.

However, once I learned where to go with help on this forum, the response from the moderator was very prompt. After answering some security questions both e.mail and password were successfully changed within minutes.  I was actually very impressed with the entire process.

there is a thread we discussed about what's our wish list on PM.  I think a simple email change should certainly be top on the list.  i don't understand why changing email takes so much effort.  

I understand email ties with the account and it is sensible.. but most other systems do and they offer easy email change.  If you want to be secure, maybe other than email verification, also include a text to your phone for added security. 

Rushmore

Thank you Triguy, just sent the message to the moderator. Hope it works out.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Rushmore...top of this page, click Get Help, Chat with Simon to start process of moderator assistance.

Watch the envelope icon, top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond to your question.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You need to contact a moderator to change your email address.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.