cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Sim on activation attempt

okenko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having activation issues with a NEW sim card. Nothing to do with payments or porting over a number. I am unable to get past the first step as it keeps saying "Invalid SIM"

I was a public mobile member before and I am trying to set one up for my dad. I have activated in the past so I am pretty confident I am punching in the correct SIM number.

However, when I first tried the SIM I get the 'Invalid SIM' message

I have tried the following:
- tried different browsers
- cleared my history and cache
- waited more then an hour before I retried
- Put the sim card into Samsung S6 phone which was recently unlocked from Rogers

Is it possible the sim card is a DOA (dead on arrival)? 

Thanks,

Ken

7 REPLIES 7

Jlund
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try going incognito on your browser.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

if it is a new activation, try going to a nearby Walmart, they will give you SIM for free and they will help you activation..  of course, if they give you an invalid sim, they will no doubt try another one till one works.. 🙂

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@computergeek541 thats exactly what I was thinking. A new sim directly from PM should work, and if not, they know the SIM came from them.

@ashleyskye wrote:

If you cant exchange it where you got it, maybe a Mod can help?

A moderator wouldn't be able to make an invalid SIM card number into a valid one. A moderator would have to arrange for a SIM card to be shipped to the customer or to apply an account credit after activation, but that's entirely up to them how to handle this type of situation.

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you cant exchange it where you got it, maybe a Mod can help?

okenko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have tried it again and not luck.

Also I have not considered that it may have been activated by accident. Hopefully, I can go back to where I got it to get an exchange. 

Thanks for pointer

@okenko wrote:

I am having activation issues with a NEW sim card. Nothing to do with payments or porting over a number. I am unable to get past the first step as it keeps saying "Invalid SIM"

I was a public mobile member before and I am trying to set one up for my dad. I have activated in the past so I am pretty confident I am punching in the correct SIM number.

Double check the SIM card number. I know that you already have done that, but it's very easy for anyone to type a number slightly different by mistake.  Otherwise, wait 50 minutes before tyring again.  If that doesn't work, this means that someone has already used that SIM card number before. Something such as that is poosible in error as SIM card numbers are in a certain sequence and if I know one SIM card number, I could easily guess or mistakely type the number for a different SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.