cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change sim and change plan?

rajeshsuri90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My email id or pw is not correct and from last 3 months trying to change sim and upgrade to 4g whats the process? Every time try to reset password it says error 

6 REPLIES 6

wakeup
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My basic plan does not allow to change APN settings (greyed) so I do not have data access (except with WiFi), I guess I need a "new" SIM if I change my plan for a data plan because the current SIM prevents me accessing mobile data outside a WiFi hotspot or home. 

@dabr- That's all implying that they need to change the sim. You start out right but then go into detail about changing the sim. They don't need to change the sim...as much as they seem convinced that they need to...they don't.

@rajeshsuri90- There's no 5G here. Your "old" sim will work perfectly fine in whatever new phone. 4G too. No sim needed.

@rajeshsuri90   As already mentioned changing plans does not require a new SIM but you do need to log into your self serve account and select Quick Link option top right of the page and then Change SIM, then you will need to receive 2FA to verify the SIM change if you have 2FA disabled for signing into your account.  Then your number will be registered on the new SIM and then you have the option to change to one of the new 4G plans by selecting Plans/Add-ons from the left side of the self serve account and then Change My Plan.  Make sure to select the 4G tab at the top of available plans and then need to click the down arrow to view the available plans.  You're also advised to Change at Next Renewal as PM doesn't prorate/refund for unused days left in your current cycle.

If you still need help then submit a ticket via chatbot here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Or send a private message to CS_Agent (if unable to submit a ticket) here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

edited, oops, as noted by @dust2dust  ignore change SIM part as it's not necessary for changing plans.

rajeshsuri90

Dumb question??? I think your comments are dumb if you don’t need why we change really old sim to the new 4g and 5g supported one. 

rajeshsuri90

Tried so many times but no luck, I think port my number to some other company is solution. How can this company survive without no customer support at all

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rajeshsuri90 , you do need to get into your account in order to change SIM and plan.  If you have struggled for so long and cannot change password, I suggest initiating a support ticket using the chatbot link at the bottom of the web page to get CSA assistance.  Dumb question, why do you want to change SIM card?  You do not need to change SIM card to change plans.  SIM card change is really needed only when there is a failure of the existing SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.