cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel from my prepaid

Justin1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi i cancelled my account to switch to another provider, but i didnt remove my credit card from autopay. I cant log in now because i cancelled the phone, is there a way i can remove my autopay option now, or will it not be used because the phone line defunct? I just dont want to be auto charged for nothing. thanks

8 REPLIES 8

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@ computergeek541, Thank  you! 

wrote:

thanks computergeek for the in depth explaination! You've put my worries to rest. This

community thing works better then i thought.

It's not impossible for a company to mess up on the billing, but you should be fine, for the above reasons.

I would say that most times when a company incorrectly keeps billing a preauthroized payment, that's because the service didn't cancelled/account closed properly.

If Public did continue to bill your credit card, the moderators would surely be able to get you refunded.  And, if all else failed, your bank would also be able to reversed any such charge as unauthorized  (but it usually doesn't come to tthat).

Justin1

thanks computergeek for the in depth explaination! You've put my worries to rest. This

community thing works better then i thought.

It really shouldn't matter if you've forgotten to remove to disable your Public Mobile autopay.

When it comes to preauthorized payments with companies, they can generally be classified into two categories, one that always charges a preset in stone amount every billing cycle, or one that only charges any outstanding amount as of the day that the bill issued.

Public Mobile is using the second method.  Because they're using what Public calls "dynamic autopay" it is only goes and charges to your credit/debit/visa debit card the amount that is owed for that new billing cycle. As you have ported your number out to another carrier, you no longer have any plan attached to your account, and therefore, any amount owing would be $0.00, regardless.   Add that to the fact that your service has already been cancelled.

Justin1

okay aprecciate the quick help

@Justin1wrote:

thanks for quick reply, i was about to cancel credit card, how sure are you of this?

I am pretty sure you won't be charged because your account is cancelled and that is why you are not able to login. So don't worry. And even if you get charged, you can always reach out to the Moderator Team and they will be happy to assist you regarding this.

Justin1

thanks for quick reply, i was about to cancel credit card, how sure are you of this?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Justin1 Once you port out your number, the account automatically deactivates. That means it will not renew again since services are cancelled. 

Need Help? Let's chat.