Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an LG K4 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx me I

Need this unlocked to use public mobile

Please help me

4 REPLIES 4

UncleDrew1208
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m sure you will have to back to your original carrier to request to get unlocked. Public Mobile doesn’t offer any devices, so I doubt they have the resources. Not to say anything bad about that, they’re not set up or designed to. However, I’m sure they can reach out to their sister or partner companies for assistance. I’m currently having an issue of my own and I’ve reached out to a Mod, and received a response bank with in minutes. That’s awesome service right there. 

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Although the carrier is supposed to unlock for free, I know for a fact that Bell will insist on having an active account (or one they can still find in their system), before they unlock anything.  I tried with two old accounts (closed for over 5 years), and they couldn't find them in the system.  The account doesn't need to match the phone's original account though.

Probably/hopefully a class action about this in the near future.

I'm used to carriers charging $50 (or, really, anything they liked) to provide unlocks ...

But hey, that's illegal now (in Canada)!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/crtc-wireless-code-cellphone-1.4161711

However ... the device cannot be flagged as lost/stolen, the device must be "fully paid" and "owned" by the customer, and the carrier can (and will) refuse to meet this obligation until the customer has fully paid any outstanding balance on their account.

If you're in a bad position, looking for a new carrier because you didn't (or won't) pay your phone bill and got (or will get) your service terminated, then your only options are to buy a device unlock from another source or to use another unlocked device.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Fenton Contact the carrier you bought it from and they should unlock it for free. 

Need Help? Let's chat.