cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate my new SIM card?

Jj15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can’t seem to find the option on the website or app. I’ve already changed the SIM card number on my profile 

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jj15 wrote:

but my texts are showing up on others phone as coming from my email. Is there something I need change still? 

@Jj15  To change this, try going to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and configure the settings to start new conversations from your phone number.

edit to correct proper quote.

Jj15

The reboot worked thank you!

but my texts are showing up on others phone as coming from my email. Is there something I need change still? 

Jj15

I will try that thank you very much

@Jj15 wrote:

Yes it’s a swap. Lost mine and now put in the new one. I did use the method you showed and it recognized it as saved with the new SIM card number on my profile but I still don’t have service. Is there a waiting period?

thanks

@Jj15 , the SIM change takes effect immediately.  You should be able to do this in the app or on a desktop browser (use incognito mode).  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jj15  Reboot the phone , if you have any other issues contact support 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<

Jj15

Yes it’s a swap. Lost mine and now put in the new one. I did use the method you showed and it recognized it as saved with the new SIM card number on my profile but I still don’t have service. Is there a waiting period?

thanks

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jj15  Are you trying to activate or just do a SIM card swap from lost missing / damaged SIM card . If SIM card replacement you don’t activate it . otherwise you should be able to activate on the app 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1686152719495.png

Need Help? Let's chat.