cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access my account when phone number changed and can't receive SMS code

SherBear5358
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Husband can't login his account because he can't receive the SMS code to log in.  Public Mobile changed his phone number on their own without asking him first because there were apparently porting problems when he switched over and Public Mobile was unable to contact him.  Now, he can't login, can't open a ticket, can't do anything.  Does anyone know how this can be fixed and resolved?

2 REPLIES 2

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SherBear5358 - was this a number that failed because of a transfer/port from another provider?

IF not, I am not sure why public would change their number. I would get them to contact public support. Ways to contact them below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, OR

2-go to your envelope at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message. Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support (link is provided in #3 below as well). 

3 -Use this link (same as #2)  Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

What happens if they use the "Forgot your email" option, does that get them the steps to log in?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SherBear5358 

did just join around 30 days ago and report porting?  if he didn, he likely not completed the full porting procedure.  He supposed to get a text from his old provider and maybe he missed it,  and hence the porting was not completed.  As it has been over 30 days, PM has to void the porting request and give him a new number

First try to log back in

Please try this to log back into My Account

If you have already created an EverSafe id, you can ask the code to send to email instead
On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

If you can log back in, and he wants his old number back, he will need to to Profile page and re-request the porting by clicking on Transfer Number. 

Give us more info and we can advise further

Need Help? Let's chat.