cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How "GOOD" is reception in Edmonton Alberta with Public Mobile

mikil456
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, Only those whom live in the SouthWest part of Edmonton please respond to this question. I was just wondering if "someone" whom lives in the Southwest Edmonton area could answer us to  how "Well" the service reception is for PublicMobile? We came from Ontario with a Rogers phone and noticed Rogers reception is sketchy. I live in the Chapelle area  (new area in SW Edmonton) and when I go into my half basement and sit in my office next to my window I ONLY get 1 bar and sometimes no service on my iphone 8 ?  I guess after reading on the net Rogers is dominant in Ontario but NOT in Alberta. Telus and Bell dominate out here and I guess PublicMobile is on Telus network.If someone whom lives in or around this area could help answering this question I would greatly appreciate it Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I get full bars in most of Edmonton with LTE+ signal. It's the same network as Telus, and Telus seems to cover the Western Canadian cities quite extensively. 

emmagrcr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Spend a lot of time between Northern BC and Edmonton, have not had any issues with service in Edmonton and surrounding areas! 

davincial
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been using pm for more then a month now and the service is pretty good. Have not faced any trouble yet

PM uses Bell and Telus cell towers.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/coverage

@on2wheels4G+ means you can multicast (fancy word for being able to use more than one) LTE band. Edmonton probably has a lower population density than rest of the major cities Canada (there are exceptions).

Also Edmonton is on Telus' home turf, they probably has a lot more leyway on what they can do vs Bell towers.

@on2wheels wrote:

I'm curious what's different in Edmonton compared to other parts of the country.  I live in eastern ontario, and was just visiting BC via Edmonton, and only while in Edmonton did my Xiaomi MiA1 show 4G+ service, I've never seen the + anywhere else.  Why can't the rest of Canada have that?

Public Mobile is a Telus brand, and as such, all Public Mobile customers have access to LTE+, although you won't be able to take advantage of such data speeds unless you phone is capable of it and you subscribe to a plan that includes LTE-speed data.  It's not just Edmonton.

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm curious what's different in Edmonton compared to other parts of the country.  I live in eastern ontario, and was just visiting BC via Edmonton, and only while in Edmonton did my Xiaomi MiA1 show 4G+ service, I've never seen the + anywhere else.  Why can't the rest of Canada have that?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mikil456, here is a great site that shows cell towers across the country.  You can zoom in on your location and check out and see what towers are near you.  Canadian Cell Tower Sites

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Murco

It works well in the SE.   I have no problems.  I really havent had any problems in

Edmonton anywhere.  Very happy with my PM service.

surreyboz

@mikil456 wrote:

Hello, Only those whom live in the SouthWest part of Edmonton please respond to this question. I was just wondering if "someone" whom lives in the Southwest Edmonton area could answer us to  how "Well" the service reception is for PublicMobile? We came from Ontario with a Rogers phone and noticed Rogers reception is sketchy. I live in the Chapelle area  (new area in SW Edmonton) and when I go into my half basement and sit in my office next to my window I ONLY get 1 bar and sometimes no service on my iphone 8 ?  I guess after reading on the net Rogers is dominant in Ontario but NOT in Alberta. Telus and Bell dominate out here and I guess PublicMobile is on Telus network.If someone whom lives in or around this area could help answering this question I would greatly appreciate it Thanks in advance

Coverage depends on the location but in General Rogers Reception is Sketchy in Ontario as well in comparison to Bellus Coverage. So it's not just Edmonton. Overall people that spend time on Highways between Provinces or in the middle of nowhere in your home province will likely have a Bellus Phone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikil456

I'll just go ahead and defy your wishes 🙂

You seem to have done your homework.

This might add some more clarity. Telus rules out west. They're from out west.

Need Help? Let's chat.