cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t call or receive calls

Spats
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi- I’ve been on a three month contract for almost two months and for some reason my phone stopped letting me make and receive calls tonight. No reason - nothing has changed and my account appears to be fine. I have turned the phone off and on a bunch and looked for anything that might have led to this but I’m totally stumped. It did briefly say no service for a bit - but I am home where I most definitely have service. Now it just reads low bars, public mobile in the top and full wifi. Any suggestions for what to do? 

5 REPLIES 5

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Did you try to put your wifi off for minutes and see what happen @Spats ?

@Anonymous  You can do it with most android phones. If you press a combination of buttons together while the phone is off (my Galaxy J5 is: power, volume down, and Home) it puts it into a different reset mode than if you use the reset function in settings. It brings up a list of options, including reset, but also to delete cache, which deletes all system caches.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alex888 wrote:

If the lost phone trick doesn't work, try turning off your phone, put it into reset mode (don't reset it) clear the cache, and reboot it.

I've seen you mention this a couple times. Which phones can you do "reset mode" with? And then where would one find a cache to clear?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

If the lost phone trick doesn't work, try turning off your phone, put it into reset mode (don't reset it) clear the cache, and reboot it.

If it's still not working try using the SIM in a different phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Spats wrote:

Hi- I’ve been on a three month contract for almost two months and for some reason my phone stopped letting me make and receive calls tonight. No reason - nothing has changed and my account appears to be fine. I have turned the phone off and on a bunch and looked for anything that might have led to this but I’m totally stumped. It did briefly say no service for a bit - but I am home where I most definitely have service. Now it just reads low bars, public mobile in the top and full wifi. Any suggestions for what to do? 

Well...I'm not sure about a just out of the blue problem like this but maybe a couple things might get it going. We'll try the easy one first.

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.