cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much time it takes to order online and receive the SIM

wonderdollar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI,

I am also a frustrated Freedom Mobile Customer and would like to switch to PM. However, there is only very short time left and if I order SIM online and it does not come in time or get activated in time, I lose the plan. What happens to my money as it needs to be paid in advance. Is there any Public Mobile outlet in Toronto where I can go and readily pay for the SIM are service and activate my phone with PM SIM immediately.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Public Mobile states that they use Canada Post Xpresspost, but on occassion, they have used Canada Post Priority.

Give Public Mobile a day or two to process your order and send it out.  Canada Post Xpresspost is a service that quotes transit times of between 1 to 7 business days. 

Public sends these sim cards out from Mississauga, Ontario so, that means one day transit time to major urban centres in Quebec and Ontario, and 2 business days transit time to major urban centres in other places nationally.  An extra day or two transit time is often needed for delivery to smaller citties.

If you're having the sim card delivered to somewhere such as Teslin, Yukon (very rural), Canada Post quotes a shipping transit time of 7 business days.

The shipping labels that are used do in fact have Canada Post tracking numbers but Public's Mobiles automated shipping confirmation e-mail process does not provide them.

You will receive it by Tuesday. And have enough time to activate before promo ends.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

wonderdollar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Thanks to every one who replied to my post. Very helpful community here. I have ordered the SIM and hope to recieve it in time to activate and port the number from Freedom.

Thanks once again every one.

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, better safe & follow the directions by Jeremy:

IMPORTANT: Getting the plan

As a Freedom Mobile customer, you can sign up for the promotional plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Once you have your SIM card in hand, please note the following:

1. During the activation process, you will be prompted to enter your current phone number and current provider account information in order to successfully port your number over.  
  2. In the activation process, you will be prompted to choose a plan.  Please select the following combination in our plans calculator:
  • 90-day plan
  • Unlimited Province-wide Talk
  • Plan Subtotal: $120
  • 6GB*data (+6GB bonus will be added within 72 hours - that’s 12GB over 90 days = 4GB/month for $40!)
  • Unlimited Global Text

3. Register on the above plan and complete the activation process.  Once activated, your data plan will be upgraded from 6GB per 90 days to 12GB per 90 days within 72 hours.  Note: Within 72 hours, your 6GB bonus will be applied. Please check your online account/self-serve to verify you have received your bonus 6GB.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Competitive-Response-Limited-Time-Offer...

@wonderdollar perhaps a community member in toronto would let you have one of there sim cards. I have a spare but Im located in Mississauga, and out of the city for the weekend

It's only take 3 to 5 business days last time i ordered on Thursday and received on monday
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Will that work ok for the promo, @sbreakin?

The promo text seems to be pretty clear that you need to activate (with SIM) and then port your number over.

Wouldn't setting up an account make you a current Public customer and thus invalid for the Freedom promo?

(Sorry, not trying to second-guess you, still new here 🙂 )

sbreakin

Update - just checked.  

I ordered Fri night, order processed & shipped out on the Monday & i think it arrived on Wed.maybe even Tuesday as I remembering it being so fast that I thought it had been sent locally.  ANd that was when they were even busier,

You have until June 30th so ~ 5 to 6 working days.

Edit: best to follow Jeremy's instructions to make sure you get the bonus data:

It does seem like the port in method when you activate your sim & get start is working ok. I dont thinkive seen as many port issues as last fall where I think more port issues were related to folks moving from sister co (Telus/ Koodo).

.https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Competitive-Response-Limited-Time-Offer...

sbreakin

I ordered my SIMs during the fall promo & from order on line to receipt at door was about 3 days in Vancouver (faster than i expected).  You should have enough time to receive & get it registered.  You have a head start by being an informed member of the community.

Order can be done here 

https://store.publicmobile.ca/cart

There is no store or brick location one can pick up/ buy...

... but if you mention it here - it's seems many PM members are so happy with service they have extra ready for short orders/ freind referals & willing to expedite service.

I didn't get around to ordering extra myself yet as think I let most friends know about PM shortly after i ordered last fall. 

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't believe they have any retail locations, I'm sure someone will chime in if they do!

I also came from Freedom - if it helps I ordered three sims this past Friday (June 16) and received them on Tuesday (June 20). They are delivered via Canada Post's Xpresspost service and there is no tracking.

According to the label it came from Mississauga and I am outside Vancouver so not too bad. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.