cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long until I can regularly use my sim card?

Danoishan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

I am a previous freedom mobile customer and have successfully signed up for the $40 for 4gb/ month plan by submitting the 6gb for 90 day plan. According to the disclaimer on the promotional page, it stated that I had to do that in order for the other 6gb to be added within 72 hours. I have successfully completed the payment a few moments ago and was just wondering how long it'll take for my number to be ported over and for everything to start working normally so I can use the public mobile sim card regularly. 

If it'll take a few days for the process to finish then shouldn't my next bill date start 90 days after everything has sucesfully finished? For instance the number porting? 

Kind Regards,

27 REPLIES 27

guinness22
All will work Monday the I phone is ok just wait till mods get to u Monday .Only one mod in Sunday's . U can email to there are people at email too 9 to 6 Mondays

grandgrosse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hey I'm sorry to hear you still got nothing. And yes moderators contacted me yesterday and everything is fine now.

Danoishan
have you gotten service or a response back from any one of the moderators? It's day 4 for me with no service or response

grandgrosse

I'm with you. No service, it's been 24hrs now since last night.

nskyline

Wind Mobile was able to offer customer support even with $40 plan at unlimited data, talk and text. Albeit the network was limited, however, they were still able to offer a real person to talk to.

I don't believe Public is so poor that they can't hire more real people to be support agents.

Even when a moderator sees something it's not like the moderator has the ability to fix things, all they do is delegate tasks to support service people who give people calls. 

Danoishan

Still no service, I have yet to get connected

grandgrosse
I can see how if everything on the self serve menu is running the way it supposed be, this can be great. However, it sounds like the system has lots of flaws and once there's anything wrong with the network, you can only count on these moderators to solve your issues.
I've PMed a moderator this morning but she still hasn't got back to me. I do hope I can get my service up and running soon, but I do understand that I get what I pay for.

nskyline

Trust me, if you don't get your service up and running soon, you'll learn to find all the things wrong with the forum pretty quickly. One of them being everyone responding with; "If your phone is not the issue, or you didn't do anything wrong, then you should message the moderators".

There's literally no way to solve any issues besides doing that it seems. Somehow, the porting system is connected to every other system, and even if your port goes through, it isn't always 100% perfect. 

PM needs some serious revamping, this self serve thing would be great, if it actually worked how it's supposed to. 

grandgrosse
Haha nice try! Thank you anyway.
This is my first day on the forum and I am surprised at how nice people are on here. So I won't be surprised to see that's a bad bad word.

nskyline

O_O oh snap it doesnt even say emergency calls only or anything like that?

dang  ._.

oh well i tried 

today i learned the word "d_a_m_n" is a bad word on publicmobile forum lol 

grandgrosse
Hey thanks for the input!
But because I got no service at all, I can't even edit those field since they are not even showing up.

nskyline

I had a similar issue, albeit I could not receive incoming calls or texts on the SIM as well. The way I fixed it was by deleting the old APN settings and creating a new APN with new numbers.

I'm not sure how to do this on the iPhone, but it would be somewhere in your network settings.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/m-p/1610...

this is the link for the iphone settings, they appear to be the same as the ones i used 

grandgrosse
Oh yeah

Ottawatech
Is your phone unlocked?

grandgrosse

yes i did, it's been more than half a day now.

Ottawatech
Did you transfer your old number to your new public mobile service ? Sometimes it takes a day or couple of hours

Ottawatech
You activated your new Sim card ? Once your SIM card is activated should be activated as long as you have a service with public mobile can also change your number over from your old company as long as your old company was still active before you activated your Sim card with public mobile

grandgrosse

Just checked my account again, even the extra 6GB has been added.

Just no service haha.

grandgrosse

Hey thanks again for your help!

I've PMed a moderator and also emailed the help team.

Now I am just waiting for a response.

Hopefully it will be fine soon.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Since plan looks like it added fine.  Next step is to wait max 2-3 hours to see if port completes.  if  this time has pssed you need to send the moderators a private message

To send a private message to the Moderator_Team 

In your message send them:
1) account email address
2) PM phone number
3) explanation of what is happening
4) link to this thread if you want

5) sim number and freedom account name and number

grandgrosse

Hey,

its an iphone 7plus that I bought from apple store so it's perfectly unlocked. I've used it with fido, koodo and freedom. And the screen just shows no service, no error code.

@grandgrosse Reboot your phone.

What is make/model of your phone? What message is showing on the phone with the PM SIM installed: no service, enter code, Public Mobile with dots, etc.? Where did you purchase it?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Danoishan

Renewal date is October 3, 2017 and my account balance is $6.00 since I signed up for auto-pay. I'm just expecting the beginning of my cycle to start the second everything is ported over and my service is up and running smoothly on my phone

grandgrosse

Hey thanks for reply.

And yes I logged into my account, looks like everything is up and running. Account balance is 0, next payment date is in October, the plan says 6gb for 90 days. Everything seems fine, other than that my sim card is not usable.

mimmo

@grandgrosse  even with a port you PM sim should have service and should be able to make calls.

Have you tried logging into you account?  what does your plan actually say say ?  what is your renewal date and what is your account balance?

grandgrosse

Hey,

I activated my sim card last night. Same scenario wiht you. Account is activated and everything, but sim card still got no service. I guess it would take like 3 days.

mimmo

if things go smoothly then it shoudl be within 15mins -2 hours for the port to complete.

if things go wrong and you need mod assistance then the wait time has been 2-3 days.  wrong plan added issues can sometimes be resolved by adding a small amount of $ and resetting your plan.  this topup is then credited back to teh account.

in the past (fall promo) plans were reset to the day the issues were resolved.  I believe the same thing will be here if you run into an issue.   if by chance teh mods do not reset your plan date simply ask them politley and i am sure they will.

Need Help? Let's chat.