cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for add ons to be added?

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Somehow ran out of what I thought was my major data plan. It seems if you have it you use it. Bought just one GB add in data and assumed that  it would be immediately add on . But no no no .. went to fill up my car and no data to make payment- yikes —- good thing I carry a cc in my walket —- dropped in to pickup some groceries- again no data and no points because Again had to use my physical CC . How long does it usually take for add ins to be added to one’s plan??

11 REPLIES 11

Wayworn

Ok thanks and good to know. All seems fine again so I’m not going to worry about it unless it happens again. But just maybe just out of curiosity, next time I gas up I’ll first turn my data off and see if it connects to communicate with the pump. I don’t understand how it could but we’ll see. 

HI @Wayworn 

so, you redeemed 1Gb and not bought it

But why you do that? the 1GB has a 30 days expiry.   If you removed your card, I assume you have less than 1 month before you account got suspended, so, your 1GB has less than 1 month to use, unless you renew it, which you need to add the credit card back

and for the pump, or anywhere, you don't need Wifi to use Apple Pay.  So, check with Apple.  Go to Apple Community and post and seek help there, something wrong with your Apple Pay 

Wayworn

I used 10 points for 1 go data add on. Also with the Shell + app you connect from  the car and nowhere near the tap pay window you select the pump number and make payment. Maybe for that you connect by wifi. 

@Wayworn wrote:

Thanks - nice to know - So it may have just been a glitch that seemed to me it was lack of data. 

hi @Wayworn 

yes, it was just a glitch on the phone that you misinterpreted wih the lack of data

I remember you said many times you removed your credit card, did you buy data add-on  using voucher? Or you already added the credit card back?

Wayworn

Thanks - nice to know - So it may have just been a glitch that seemed to me it was lack of data. 

Hi @Wayworn 

i can also confirm that data is not required to use Apply Pay or Google Pay.   After you added the card to Apple pay, you don't need data to use the card.  Just like your physical credit card does not need data  🙂

You may want to research that Wayworn. My watch has apple pay on it and it's not hooked up to my phone plan with Telus and I'm able to use it with no problems when leaving my phone at home.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1725666026979.png

Wayworn

Yup I use an iPhone 12 - and do have Apple Pay - now all is fine ,but data is required to use it. According to PM. It may take up to 24 hrs for add ons to be added. HOWEVER in my case it only took less than 1 hr .

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

By any chance @Wayworn ,  do you possibly subscribe to the unlimited data plans once offered?

If so, you might find that your data reduces to almost nonexistent speeds, but the further downside to this is there are no data add on which are compatible.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Wayworn 

It should be right away actually. You MAY have to restart your phone to take effect. However, if you open the app on your phone, does it say what 1GB add-on you purchased? SOMETIMES people purchase the US 1GB data by accident. 

EDITE: I'm curious though, what phone do you have? Cause once you place your credit card on the phone, you don't need data. Granted I can only speak of Apple products. I placed it on my apple watch and iphone. I often go to the store without my phone or wallet and just use my watch to pay for it and it doesn't have LTE at the moment.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Wayworn 

mine was immediate after a reboot

how you bought the add-on? 

Need Help? Let's chat.