cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do you have to activate SIM card after delivery

kylebunga
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I pay for a plan and order a SIM card, how long do I have to activate the SIM card without risking losing the plan I just paid for?  My goal here is to lock in a plan price but start the service as late as possible so I have less time and a lower cancelation fee on my existing contract. 

Thank you,

7 REPLIES 7

@Yea123 wrote:

I do not think there is timeframe. As long as you paid for it, you can have the same plan which you wanted at the 1st place.

Paying for it, and continuing to renew it, then yes @Yea123 

Yea123

I do not think there is timeframe. As long as you paid for it, you can have the same plan which you wanted at the 1st place.

I haven't ever activated a subscription PRIOR to entering the SIM card details, so I am only presuming if a user toggles off the subscription, then the account would suspend then terminate as normal.

I presume the process of setting up auto-pay is the same, so effectively, one's plan will auto-renew whether the SIM was registered on the account or not.

@kylebunga wrote:

Even if I waited 3 months? 6 months? to Activate the SIM card

I have not seen any published material documenting this.  The expectation is for the customer to activate finish activating the SIM card when the the SiM card is received, assumign that both the plan and SIM card were both ordered at the same time directly from the Public Mobile website (or app).  However, as most SIM cards are sent by regular mail, there isn't any way for Public Mobile to know exactly when the SIM card arrives.  I wouldn't advise ordering a SIM card or plan if the intention isn't to use it almost immediately. 

kylebunga

Even if I waited 3 months? 6 months? to Activate the SIM card

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

After your initial cycle ends, you'll have 90 days, after which the account will become permanently disabled and you'll need to start over @kylebunga 

EDIT:   just saw your reply @computergeek541 .   Is there no timeline on this?  If the plan isn't renewed, won't it suspend, then terminate after 90 days?

@kylebunga wrote:

If I pay for a plan and order a SIM card, how long do I have to activate the SIM card without risking losing the plan I just paid for?  My goal here is to lock in a plan price but start the service as late as possible so I have less time and a lower cancelation fee on my existing contract. 

The plan won't be lost. You'll get whichever plan was paid for at the time of ordering.

Need Help? Let's chat.