cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do i have to activate sim card

av_ace11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have searched for this answer and cannot find it.

How long do i have to activate my sim card (i.e. will my ability to activate it maybe a month down the track be expired?) so that i can still recieve the sim ccard refund?

I am just holding out because i don't have a job right now so can't afford to be paying monthly bills but will activate eventually.

Thanks,

Av

6 REPLIES 6

Sim cards don't expire, and I doubt Public Mobile even knows or keeps track of when your particular sim card number was shipped or ordered. 

@av_ace11 They do not offer refund anymore. But if you ordered the sim when they were offering refund, you can only ask for it before Nov 18th. For more details, look at the end of the first post: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Seeing-our-SIM-cards-waste-away-made-us-...

@Luddite I think OP is trying to find out the expiry date of sim use. We know it could be years but he will not get that refund after Nov 18th. 

twestacott
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dont know that there is any reason a sim card would expire.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi

i gave/referred one of my friends my unused sim 3 months later with no issues......

cheers

SIMs unactivated expiry in months if not years. Anyway, reasonably safe for a year.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

not sure how long the SIM card can be activaited, but this awesome deal expires Nov 20.

Need Help? Let's chat.