cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Community Rewards applied if missed one month.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

I know this issue has been discussed in the forum before, but I don't remember how it gets resolved as I probably wasn't following the discussion closely or paying enough attention.

My question is how the Community Reward is allocated if the payment date is ahead of the rewards being distribution.  Last month both my payment date and community reward occurred on the same day.  I know there was no Community reward showing in my account before payment was taken after midnight ET, however, the reward was credited in the payment log. 

Today my payment went through and obviously, since the reward hasn't been distributed, no Community reward was available.  Once the reward is added to my account over the next day or two, will it always be one month delayed in having the reward applied against the following month's payment?   

Hopefully, the question is not too confusing...

12 REPLIES 12

@Korth wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:
The reward will stay there until the next renewal. Also, if there is a another Community reward allocation before you next renewal, the two Community reward amounts simply get added together.

Has this been confirmed or observed?.

Yes: absolutely positive

@computergeek541 wrote:
The reward will stay there until the next renewal. Also, if there is a another Community reward allocation before you next renewal, the two Community reward amounts simply get added together.

Has this been confirmed or observed?

I always believed that if your plan was suspended ("Expired") on the day the Community Reward was paid out then you'd miss out. It's been my main motivation for renewing my "Expired" plan within a day every time it runs out, lol, even when I don't actually need to keep that number active all the time.

Lately yes the arrival of the $$ into our accounts has been pretty consistent on the evening of the 6th of the month. Doesn’t matter if it is a weekend like it is today or even a Stat Holiday. It almost seems as though they have automated it. Check your account in the next hour to two hours from now for October’s reward.

AE_Collector

Just quick question, isn't that reward amount always land in the account on the same day (day 7), isn't it?   only the announcement dates varies., i thought 

Sooner or later there has to be a month missing the community reward since some months have 31 days but renewal is ALWAYS every 30 days. If the community reward ALWAYS landed in the account on the same date each month then at least the skipped month would happen and the things would carry on as per normal afterwards. But since the money arrival date can vary there could be quite a few odd things happen for several months until you are finally far enough past it. That’s my take on it anyway, nothing will be lost but sooner or later there will be a month with no community reward.

AE_Collector

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I do not think community awards will disappear if not credited at certain month. And I think everybody will get in that situation at least once due to timing of renewal vs award allocation.

I expect that next award will be just added to existing bucket and next renewal you will get double rewarded 🙂

Of course, taking screenshots always help in a court of law. And having a good lawyer in addition.

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

Like this....

Screenshot_20210512-115812~2.png

@darlicious    Lol...I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be seeing from your screenshot, but now I see, from the amount under Community Reward, ... thanks  👍

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

All should go according to plan as suggested by @computergeek541 but I would take screenshots if your payment history and your overview and reward pages now, then after you recieve October's community reward and again before and after renewal in early December. This way if something goes awry next month you can easily prove it to a CSA.

A 3 day argument trying to prove my very first community reward had gone missing during my first renewal was a hair pulling experience. Many screenshots later I have not had an issue but we will see what happens in 3 years time.....

You are bubble boy this month.....maybe $5....maybe $10?🤞😃

Edit:

That's a yes.

@darlicious    Thanks for the advice on taking screenshots of the payment, just in case!

Lol...thanks for heads up on being in the "bubble zone" for the rewards...  😁

@dabr 

All should go according to plan as suggested by @computergeek541 but I would take screenshots if your payment history and your overview and reward pages now, then after you recieve October's community reward and again before and after renewal in early December. This way if something goes awry next month you can easily prove it to a CSA.

A 3 day argument trying to prove my very first community reward had gone missing during my first renewal was a hair pulling experience. Many screenshots later I have not had an issue but we will see what happens in 3 years time.....

You are bubble boy this month.....maybe $5....maybe $10?🤞😃

Edit:

That's a yes.

@computergeek541 wrote:

The reward will stay there until the next renewal. Also, if there is a another Community reward allocation before you next renewal, the two Community reward amounts simply get added together

@computergeek541     I was wondering if it's possible to have two Community  rewards available for the following month if one month is missed for applying the reward.  Thanks.

@dabr wrote:

My question is how the Community Reward is allocated if the payment date is ahead of the rewards being distribution.  Last month both my payment date and community reward occurred on the same day.  I know there was no Community reward showing in my account before payment was taken after midnight ET, however, the reward was credited in the payment log. 

Today my payment went through and obviously, since the reward hasn't been distributed, no Community reward was available.  Once the reward is added to my account over the next day or two, will it always be one month delayed in having the reward applied against the following month's payment?   

Need Help? Let's chat.