cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Public Mobile's network reliability compare to other budget-friendly carriers?

Mova
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been a Public Mobile user for some time now, and I've had a pretty good experience overall. But I'm curious how it stacks up against other carriers you've tried. How does Public Mobile compare in terms of dropped calls or 'dead zones'? Better, worse, or about the same? Also, what about data speeds? Do you find Public Mobile to be on par, slower, or faster than other carriers you've been with?

3 REPLIES 3

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Mova PM used Telus and Bell network.  The network monitoring effort really leave it with them than PM itself.  I suspect PM only deal with account problems 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

To say Telus is best or Bell is best or Rogers is best is in my opinion is a misstatement.  It really depends on your primary locations. Home Work and Play Area..   

For example. I live in an area where Rogers sucks. 1 bar, dropped calls, missed calls. But at work it was good because we had a tower close by. With my work phone it's on Bell. I have a Bell tower close to my home and work. But where i play, not very good signal. With Telus, I have a tower VERY close by so reception on my Telus and PM phone are great! Work is crap but it's not tower related because the building blocks every signal from coming in. But walk outside.. perfect. 

I'm not saying PM is perfect, I have found a few issues here and there. Mostly in delayed conversations or they can't hear me so I have to dial again. I think every provider is like that. 

So, for your ideal provider you have to see which works best by your home, work and play area. Then go from there. If PM works in all these areas, then you're laughing. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Mova  Pm is the same network as Telus so signal will be the same and because Telus and bell share towers you shouldn’t have any issues with reception . And they have 3G 4G and 5G speeds plans . So the choice is all yours for the speed you need . And last but no least PM saves you by paying your bill and loyalty and friend referrals and community rewards . And it’s possible to get your bill to $zero . Show me another carrier that allows that and I’ll tell you PM finally has some competition . Until then PM rocks and takes the cake 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.