cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Holiday Bonus Data and 500 Minutes work?

Emperor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So once i get the Bonus Data does that 2 GB expire? 

If it doesnt expire how does it work if it gets carry forward? So for example If my plan is 1 GB per month, once I exceed that 1 GB for the month, does then start chipping away at the 2 GB? 

Same with the 500 Minutes....

23 REPLIES 23

Sparkles00

It does not expire until it is all used up. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Zyl 

We're seeing here that it may not be applied immediately.  With the volume of bonuses being processed, we're guessing it could take 24-48 hours for people.  Many haven't received the text yet to get the bonuses either. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guspublic1 : Most of your post is incorrect for this thread. It's a one-time add-on that is not affected by a plan change.

You might be meaning the other promo for 2gb monthly. But not this thread.

Maybe some random user here will report me for daring to correct someone.

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dabr wrote:

@Emperor wrote:

New Customer here. How often does public mobile give these types of bonuses? Is this ussually each once every year during the holiday season? 

@Emperor    This is the third year in a row for the xmas holiday gifts for all customers, plus there was 1GB data given to all customers in the summer of 2019 followed by the start of holiday  freebies in Dec. 2019.   PM has also given 5GB + 1000 Canada wide minutes to some (not all) customers in BC and Alberta as a competitive response to Shaw starting their mobile service.

Only catch is you do have to keep an eye on the announcements as last year's gifts required customers to login to their account and "purchase" their $0 gifts from the add-on page and I think many missed out on those if they didn't read or hear about it before the offer expired.

I think it's great that this year they've opted to send a simple SMS and the gifts get added to each account automatically, albeit delayed in some instances.

Wow 1000 Canada-wide minutes!!  That's awesome!   

Zyl

@lostinspace wrote:

When do you see the rewards applied in your self serve?

Immediately.  Once you replied "yes" to the SMS text from Public Mobile, you should see the 2GB bonus data and 500 international call minutes show up in your self serve.

Zyl

@softech wrote:

@Emperor wrote:

If it doesnt expire how does it work if it gets carry forward? So for example If my plan is 1 GB per month, once I exceed that 1 GB for the month, does then start chipping away at the 2 GB? 

from experience, the 2GB Holiday bonus should have no expiry date, unused portion will roll over to next month.  Yes, it will kicks in once your regular 1GB are all used.    

(of course, none of us got it yet , so, let's hope no surprise there.. no bad surprise) 

You still haven't got it?  It was offered to everybody via SMS text yesterday and via email today.  You just need to reply "Yes" to the SMS text sent by Public Mobile. 

Zyl

@Emperor wrote:

The 2GB data free holiday gift from Public Mobile does not expire; it gets carried over at each renewal every 30 or 90 days depending on your plan until you use it up.  So if your plan already has 1GB per month, after you use up that 1GB, if you continue to use data, then it will start chipping awa at the 2GB until it's all used up.  Any portion that's not used up by your plan renewal data will get carried over to the next renewal date.   But once the 2GB is used up, that's it.  It's gone it doesn't get reset unlike the 1GB that comes with your plan.  

It's the same with the 500 international minutes.  The 2 GB and the 500 minutes international calls are add-on's.  They work the same way as any add-on's that you buy except they are free from Public Mobile.  

Hope this helps. 

Guspublic1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Guspublic1

You will get 2gb monthly for as long as your act is active and plan not downsized.

Guspublic1

Try typing YES again, to see if that helps

@Emperor wrote:

New Customer here. How often does public mobile give these types of bonuses? Is this ussually each once every year during the holiday season? 

@Emperor    This is the third year in a row for the xmas holiday gifts for all customers, plus there was 1GB data given to all customers in the summer of 2019 followed by the start of holiday  freebies in Dec. 2019.   PM has also given 5GB + 1000 Canada wide minutes to some (not all) customers in BC and Alberta as a competitive response to Shaw starting their mobile service.

Only catch is you do have to keep an eye on the announcements as last year's gifts required customers to login to their account and "purchase" their $0 gifts from the add-on page and I think many missed out on those if they didn't read or hear about it before the offer expired.

I think it's great that this year they've opted to send a simple SMS and the gifts get added to each account automatically, albeit delayed in some instances.

@Emperor wrote:

Only in the last 2 or 3 years at Xmas, has More is Merrier been a thing. Rarely do the promo's apply to existing customers otherwise.

Emperor

@lostinspace wrote:

@lostinspace     Did you get the SMS and responded with YES?   Others have also not received their gifts so it might take a few hours instead of immediately as announced.  Be patient and check your account in another hour or so.. 😊

@lostinspace wrote:

It should be here:

Yummy_0-1638402218836.png

@lostinspace wrote:

Read the post just above your first one here.

lostinspace

lostinspace

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Emperor 

for existing customer; how redeem holiday gifts,

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

not a customer yet  visit here link

for your plan Data when you run out 1GB then the Add-one will

be used until you have run out and also for minutes,

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

JDP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The bonus data and minutes are added to your regular plan. After you use up all of your monthly data and minutes, you can use your bonus items. If you never reach your maximum, the bonus items remain indefinitely- unless Public Mobile decides to remove the bonus offer. I still have my bonuses from last year. 
awesome idea. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Emperor wrote:

@Emperor   Yes...that's exactly how it works and then back to your plan mins/data at renewal until you need to use those gifts again...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Emperor wrote:

from experience, the 2GB Holiday bonus should have no expiry date, unused portion will roll over to next month.  Yes, it will kicks in once your regular 1GB are all used.    

(of course, none of us got it yet , so, let's hope no surprise there.. no bad surprise) 

Need Help? Let's chat.