cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change notification settings in my self serve account?

catohound
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had to contact a support agent to get the holiday rewards applied to my account because I didn't get the text.  That part is resolved, but the agent told me that he could see I had my notifications turned off in my account and that was probably why I didn't receive the offer.  I can't find where to turn them back on, though.  Can someone please tell me how to do that?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

@catohound 

If you click it, it says "no push notifications  (email, mobile or real-time pop-up messages) are sent to you. Messages still appear in your Notification Feed."

catohound

Well, the cs agent just said he enabled whatever was disabled, but I don't see any changes in my Community settings, so it must be something behind the scenes.  In any case, I suppose it's all fixed.

Thanks, everyone.

catohound

Do the notification settings in my Community account have an effect on what texts I might receive about my self serve account?

catohound

Hmm.  I got a text on November 28th about their Cyber Monday deal, so it seems like I'm getting marketing.  I'll ask the cs agent if he's talking about something else.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Log in to the Community Forum, top right side of page the little lightbulb icon...click.  My Sunbscriptions /  then click Notification Settings. See if Push Notifications is clicked...if it is unclick it.

@catohound wrote:

I had to contact a support agent to get the holiday rewards applied to my account because I didn't get the text.  That part is resolved, but the agent told me that he could see I had my notifications turned off in my account and that was probably why I didn't receive the offer.  I can't find where to turn them back on, though.  Can someone please tell me how to do that?

There are no notification settings inside your Self Serve account.  The notification settings that you're probably thinkng of our the Community notifications at the top of the webpage and by e-mail.    While logged into Community, go to:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

As for the text message about the free holiday add-ons, those are called marketing permissions. There isn't anywhere in Community or Self Serve to turn those on. You'll have to ask a customer support agent, although for previous years people were opted out of marketing text messages still received the text message about free add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.