cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel my account and get refunded phone never worked

Rayscell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought one of those sim cards at the dollar store in Langley bc and the sim was faulty and never worked.  The public mobile company has charged my credit card multiple times and I want a refund  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx believe the number is.  Can i get a contact number to call and cancel?

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

9 REPLIES 9

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Rayscell wrote:

I bought one of those sim cards at the dollar store in Langley bc and the sim was faulty and never worked.  The public mobile company has charged my credit card multiple times and I want a refund  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx believe the number is.  Can i get a contact number to call and cancel?

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

Hi @Rayscell Public Mobile activation page asks for the 19-digit sim number.  If you got the wrong sim card then Public Mobile will say Invalid Sim and won't let you go the next page where you enter your credit card information.  

Screenshot 2020-09-20 235054 sim #.png

So, how did you pass the first page of activation?

@JLakerson wrote:

@Rayscell I don't believe Public Mobile sim cards are sold at the dollar store. It must be a sim card for another cellphone provider or a fake sim card...I would double check the original package to see what it says on there, if you still have it. 

Dollar store is generic term and can refer to a wide range of different stores under different names. It is entirely possible for such a store to become an authorized retailer. 

JLakerson
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Rayscell I don't believe Public Mobile sim cards are sold at the dollar store. It must be a sim card for another cellphone provider or a fake sim card...I would double check the original package to see what it says on there, if you still have it. 

That would certainly explain the phone not working but how would someone activate a PM plan with an invalid SIM card? Something isn’t right here....

AE_Collector

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Rayscell 

Did you get lucky mobile sim card? They sell it in dollar store for$4.

You can Google lucky and contact them if that's the case

Good luck

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rayscell 

Public Mobile does not sell SIM card at dollar store.  Do you see Public Mobile written on the SIM card you purchased from that dollar store.

Please post a picture of the SIM card you have so that can help you future.

PM does not have call center.  All PM supports are provided by the support ticket system.

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is prepaid so no guarantee if a refund.  You can try contacting a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Public mobile is prepaid 30 day plans there are no refunds.

They also dont sell sim cards at the dollar store as far as I know. I know lucky mobile does. Maybe that is the sim you have?

All support is done online no pho e number to call to speak to someone.

You can reach them two ways.

Simon.JPG

 or private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Also click the 3 dots on your post right side and select the edit post option to remove the phone number as everyone can see it on these public forums.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Rayscell I would suggest you click the 3 dots top right and remove your phone number, this is a public forum. As for refunds, generally speaking Public Mobile is Prepay service, no refunds. If you have an issue with your account and activation etc, contact the moderators. There is no call center.

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.