cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I activate my new sim card if I already have an active account with PM?

chelleduck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered a used phone from public mobile.

I have an existing account and sim from my old phone. 

I put my old sim in my new phone and every is working fine. 

today my payment comes out and my old sim stops working.

I test my old sim in another phone, still not working. 

The used phone I ordered came with a new sim so I put that one in but it wants me to create a new account. I already have an account with PM. 

How do I activate my new sim with my existing account? Why did my old one stop working? 

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chelleduck 

I am sorry to hear you changed your SIM card and you still do not have service. There is a system outage due to your renewal last night. Unfortunately changing your SIM card will not have resolved your issue with no service.

@Yummy 

As I said take care to read the entire original message....

"today my payment comes out and my old sim stops working" so that the OP gets help tailored to their issue and not get a generic suggestion.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin#.

chelleduck

*existing account. Not a new account. I made a mistake there and im not sure how to edit my post! 

chelleduck

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies. I ended up putting in my new sim card and activating it through my new account but I still don't have any service (no texts or calls) but I do see some reception bars. does it normally take some time for a newly activated sim card to work? 

Also: I put another sim in my phone and the phone worked fine so I don't think its an issue with the phone itself. 

@darlicious wrote:

@JPK222 @Yummy @LeePublic 

Take care to read the OP's entire post before making suggestions that are unnecessary and would waste a perfectly good SIM card.

Yes, boss, ma'am! As ordered!

But OP asked: 'How do I activate my new sim with my existing account?'

He did NOT mention he wants to replace his old sim with new BECAUSE he has no service, so he got generic answer how to swap SIM. And I do not have crystal ball to figure out what OP exactly meant.

Happy now?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JPK222 @Yummy @LeePublic 

Take care to read the OP's entire post before making suggestions that are unnecessary and would waste a perfectly good SIM card.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin#.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chelleduck 

Don't. There is a widespread system issue affecting accounts resulting in no service. Your old SIM will work again once they fix the issue.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Don't do anything. You're caught in a large-scale system problem here. Put your old sim in your new phone and wait until further notice (wishful thinking).

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You have to swap SIMs if that is what you want to do. Change SIM card option. Very simple.

Yummy_0-1648856048113.png

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

go login to PM self serve, then plans and addons and click on change SIM card.

Edit: disregard, read @darlicious post

Need Help? Let's chat.