cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you ask to get better network coverage in my area.

ByronFanCass
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I live in Lincoln New Brunswick and I have barely any service at my home. During a power outage I have to drive out of my subdivision to be able to make a call or report an outage. There is a new gas station on the Nevers road and I wasn't able to access my banking app while I was there and that was problematic. How would I go about seeing if there is anyway to increase service in my area? 

3 REPLIES 3

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

This isn't even a Telus market. You are totally dependent on Bell in NB.

@ByronFanCass wrote:

I live in Lincoln New Brunswick and I have barely any service at my home. During a power outage I have to drive out of my subdivision to be able to make a call or report an outage. There is a new gas station on the Nevers road and I wasn't able to access my banking app while I was there and that was problematic. How would I go about seeing if there is anyway to increase service in my area? 

Getting new cell sites is a very time consuming process.  Most likely, Telus already knows that the signal isn't good in the mentioned area, but all you can really do is contact Public Mobile to inform them of your dissatiatsfaction with the network coverage.  Keep in mind that one customer's concerns, while it will be noted, isn't likely to cause Telus to make adjustments to the network.   It's also possible that the power failure could have caused this network issue in an area where the service usually works fine.  The issue may have already been fixed.  During a fairly recent power failure, I could not properly use my Public Mobile service for about 1 hour.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ByronFanCass , I don't think it is possible to ask for better coverage.  I don't think any of the community managers have access to the network folks that plan, build and maintain the network.  If you are at the fringes of town, coverage could be iffy.  Actually it can be iffy in town as well.  I am in the heart of the GTA but I don't get that strong of a signal at home, good enough to make phone calls though.  Check out the local tower map.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=45.969723&lng=-66.742630&zoom=11&type=Road...

Need Help? Let's chat.