cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I setup autopay by foreign credit card? (I come from Hong Kong and using HK credit card)

WILSONCHANWH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I setup autopay by foreign credit card? (I come from Hong Kong and using HK credit card)

7 REPLIES 7

@WILSONCHANWH  Be careful which prepaid credit card you choose as there are only a few that public mobile accepts . The prepaid visa available from canada post is accepted but has high user fees. I believe the vanilla credit cards are accepted too. My suggestion of a koho card with no fees is still the safest best....and balances are protected thru the people's bank of Canada and the DIC.

Do not confuse a prepaid (nonrefundable) visa or m/c gift cards with prepaid credit cards.

AresPalace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I apoligze PM only accepts Canadians or American credit cards at the moment. If you are in Canada I would reccomend buying a pre-paid credit card (you can get these pretty much from every drug or grocery store) and using that to pay PM.

@WILSONCHANWH 

Well I got curious so I downloaded the app and opened an account. Took about 5 minutes. Asked for your name, address, bithdate.....and your email. Easy peasy. My prepaid visa/debit card is in the mail. And i referred my roommate so he'll finally have his own card for autopay on his account and I'll get an additional 1% back on my purchases. Simple and fast.

@WILSONCHANWH   Why not get a koho prepaid visa. It's online and should be easy enough for you to set up and accepted by public mobile. It doesn't have the crazy fees other prepaid credit cards can have.

I've read previously that some pre-paid VISA gift cards will be accepted by the PM self-serve, and then you can receive the auto-pay reward.

You can still continue to top-up by vouchers before the renewal date, and the credit card will never actually get charged, but you will continue to receive the auto-pay reward.

Some types mentioned in previous posts:

• Canada Post: Cash Passport Prepaid Mastercard / Prepaid Visa
  • Visa Vanilla

But the previous topics mention they may have restrictions on "recurring payments" and all have fees to top-up, so you may not benefit for the effort and savings...

@WILSONCHANWH wrote:

Sorry, but only Canadian and American cards are accepted at Public Mobile.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@WILSONCHANWH wrote:

Unfortunately, you won't be able to set up autopay with a credit card from Hong Kong.  PM only accepts Canadian and American cards

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.