cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove AutoPay if I don't have access to the account or the phone

michelb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, we got a PublicMobile plan for our foster kid and set up autopay with our CC for it.  He's since moved out and we do not have access to his PM account or to the phone so what's the best way to remove our CC from AutoPay on the account?

Let me know. Thanks, Mike

11 REPLIES 11

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@michelb 

@michelb wrote:

Hi, we got a PublicMobile plan for our foster kid and set up autopay with our CC for it.  He's since moved out and we do not have access to his PM account or to the phone so what's the best way to remove our CC from AutoPay on the account?

I'm not sure if this is an option, if contact your credit card, company, if they would cancel payment, since you can not, better them cancel payment than cancel card. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@michelb 

You'll still need the PIN to turn off autopay and it doesn't remove the credit card either so the kid _could_ re-enable it if they were so inclined.

If you didn't set up the self-serve, ie. activated in a store, then yes it would send a code. If you activated online or did set up the self-serve then the password reset would send an email to the email on file.

So yes...contact the moderators to remove the payment card. But you'll need to step through some verification hoops which might be seen as dodgy from their perspective.

michelb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the recommendations.

- We've tried to get in touch with the former foster kid but so far he hasn't replied to any of our messages or accepted our calls.

- I'll try "1 855 4public" first.  I knew about 611 but couldn't do that since I don't have the phone but I didn't know about "1 855 4public".  
- Setting the online account isn't an option because it sends a verification code to the phone which we don't get.
- Cancelling the card would be the last measure since we do have other service autopaid with that same card but I'll contact them to see if they can just deny charges from PM.

Thanks for the help,
Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

@michelb wrote:

Without the phone you can't do 611. But you can use the 18554public as mentioned. You'll need the 4 digit PIN you setup at activation.

You would have set up the account with an email address. You would have set up the account with a security question. Using those two pieces you can use the Forgot your password? link and reset the password. (of course you would also have set up the account choosing a password so I'm not sure why you can't access it to begin with. Did the kid change all the credentials of the account?)

Otherwise all you can do is ask the moderators. But even then you'll need to provide a bunch of information. Information that would have enabled you to do this yourself anyway.

Then yes as mentioned the brutal methods of your credit card side.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

<@mi@michelb wrote:

Do you remember what email address you used to set up account? Is it YOUR email address? If yes, sign in and manage the payment. Do the forgot process of you don’t remember the password.  If email is not yours then cancel your credit card. <= No that is too harsh. Or later thinking......do you have one of those locking credit cards?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@michelb wrote:

If all else fails, call the credit card company and stop the payments to PM.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can try contacting the moderators, but they may not be allowed help unless you can "prove" it is actually your account. You might be better served by cancelling that credit card and getting a replacement. 

To contact the moderators, click on the green question mark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@michelb  you can use 611 or 1 855 4public once you know the 4 digit code.Link on how to use 611 -

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352/highlight/t...

Stay safe 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

You should try contacting the person and seeing if they can give you the log-in so you completely remove your credit card from the account and not just turn off autopay. I say ask for the login so you know for certain the card is removed rather then the person saying ya I removed it and maybe they do not.

If you get that info. Log in. Click payment and it's bottom left.

Screenshot_20200124_073012.jpg

Because if autopay is simply removed the credit card is still on file.

If this is not possible. Maybe think about cancelling the credit card all together??

Last you can try to reach out to the moderators

Two ways to reach them.

1-

Simon.JPG

2- via private message at link below.

Click here 

Best of luck and stay safe!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@michelb Perhaps, mods will help you with this if you can't contact your foster kid and ask to do that. Contact moderators through clicking on ? on bottom right of the page and following directions OR directly through the private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.