cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I Cancel Public Mobile so they don't take more money from my card???

Coolhandloo_099
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Last month, I received a text message offering me 4G connection and more data. I replied yes... Then when the payment came, nothing changed. I am still on the old plan... then I tried to sign in and could not. The system was telling me that my email and password did not match. So they prompt me to change my password. When I put my password, they stated that I could not use my old password.... So I did have the right password in the first place... Then my account was locked...  Everytime I want to do something I go through this .. Enough is enough.... I am leaving... Now I want to know how to break away without any cost... Or else I will simply change my card. I will go to another company this coming week...

8 REPLIES 8

Coolhandloo_099

They just took money from my card today but, they don't allow me to sign in...  Is that fun or what???

Coolhandloo_099

You are really funny! I can't even login to my account let alone remove the card... I hope it happens to you...

Coolhandloo_099

I am done trying this and trying that... It takes forever to solve anything here... I had enough!

Coolhandloo_099

Even now I tried to access my account and the system replied : Sorry but what you are looking for is not available at this time... I keep turning around and round in circles here.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

You can just tell your new carrier that you want to port out your number from Public Mobile and that should close the account here.  Don't close the account here before you successfully port the number unless you don't care to keep it because the account has to be active for porting.   Having said that, the problem here should be solvable by a customer service agent as already mentioned and you should then have no problem going forward.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Coolhandloo_099 

don't go to another carrier yet, it is something resolvable

did you try using Incognito/Private/Secret mode on your browser to login My Account?

If same, please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

CS agent will resolve it and you can stay here

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Log in to your account and remove the credit card and subscription/auto pay. The account closes after 90 days of no payment. 

Or message a CS Agent, click on the link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Coolhandloo_099 

Ask the customer support agents to turn off the subscription and it will eventually cancel

Need Help? Let's chat.