cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I make a manual payment

Kattz1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a weird credit card that occasionally denies charges for no apparent reason. I am usually able to just make a manual payment and it goes through. That's everywhere else besides Public Mobile. Public Mobile has removed the option to make a manual payment from both their app and website because they hate their customers and just love to torture them. I was able to manually add funds to my account to cover my subscription but....there is NO WAY to apply that money to my subscription and get my phone  working again. It just sits there in available funds. Is there a way to do this???? I need my phone to get on the bus and for many other reasons. Maybe it's time to contact the CRTC. This is ridiculous.

5 REPLIES 5

Kattz1

It's not an activation problem. My payment didn't go through automatically and there is no way to do it manually, even after adding funds to my account.

Kattz1

Yes, it is Public Mobile's fault. I know that this happens so  tried to add funds to my account before the subscription expired. The option to add funds has either been removed or extremely well hidden on the app and mobile browser page. I finally found it this morning on the desktop browser after it was too late. This has happened before and  simply went to their page, entered my credit card again and had service restored immediately. How is this NOT their fault???????????????  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kattz1 

if you have a credit card that occasionally glitches...that's not PM fault. Does it fail at other places as well or just PM ?  I'd check with issuer to see why it happens rather than start a complaint with CRTC. Maybe get a pre-paid Mastercard / Visa and use that for your renewals.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Kattz1 

Another trick is to report your phone lost or stolen in you self service account.  Log back in and report your phone found.  This usually will restart the activation process. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kattz1 

PM has sooo many glitchy things about it eh !! Can you see a RESUME SERVICE button ? Once you find and press it, you should have full service again.

Need Help? Let's chat.