cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High data consumption

mrblue74
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I noticed a few weeks ago, it shows a very high usage of data every day in my account. Example 1;

IMG_2841.jpeg

 it says I used 13 GB in 2 weeks. No way I use that much. My usage was less than 10 GB for entire month. I am out only 3 days of a week for the day time and on wifi for the rest. I am an ordinary user, who rarely stream something from his phone. My usage habits did not change. I turned off almost every single settings that might have caused that. How come it shows so high usage. 
Another example. Detailed usage page shows I use 300 -600 MB every day as in this screenshot 

IMG_2843.png

 Again, no way. It shows high consumption even for the days I was home all day long . 

IMG_2842.png

Please help. There is no way this consumption accurate. Why public mobile would say I consume that high? 

8 REPLIES 8

braeluke1

Thank you as I will contact support as when I just reset my data used on my phone it was only reading around 79Mb which is completely contrary to what PM is telling me online.

hi @braeluke1 if it is just 100Mb difference, it could be just buffer problem 

Ans, how much it shows on your iPhone since your reset statistics on 7th?

if you already used up 250Mb and the iPhone shows otherwise, check with PM support agent 

braeluke1

Thanks.

I use an iPhone and have reset my stats.

Today, the 7th, is also the start of my billing cycle.

Good thing I have received extra data offers for free as I only have PM basic plan 16.95 per month with 250 per month but that is now getting used up completely and I have never come close to doing that other then the last few months and I have changed no habits whatsoever. 

hi @braeluke1 Android or iPhone? you need to start usage tracking on the phone to confirm if problem is with PM or if you really downloaded a lot 

braeluke1

I am having the exact same issues as you.

Have been with PM for a few years now and just the last few months I have noticed my data is being used huge while I sleep and I have my wifi on.

It is as if someone is stealing my data use.

I have been shutting my LTE off now at night but now my data is being used during the day while I am home with ROGERS internet wi-fi on.

Does not make any sense other then theft.

I am retired and am home the majority of the time and if I leave the house I use very little data.

@mrblue74 

Public mobile tracker is usually fairly accurate.  The usage history shows the summary of your day's data usage.  Usually reported early in the morning. 

You could also turn off Wifi Assist in your iphone. 

Once you reset your iphone usage, you should be able to see which apps are using more data.  

For this payment cycle, you have the 150 GB loyalty data add on (expiring soon). So, might as well use that up for now.  

mrblue74

Thank you for the response. That was my initial thought also. But no. First all, is there iOS update every night? Second thing, it would be on wifi even if there is update everyday, why data? Thirdly, I have this big usages only lately. Wasn’t there any iOS update before? I never had such high consumption. As I said none of my usage habits changed but consumption jumped up. Lastly, I did reset the stats on my iPhone when I noticed high USA and after turning off almost all the settings. It’s much lower than what it shows on PM app. So why PM app shows much higher usage?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @mrblue74 maybe there was an OS update or some app update?

are you using iPhone? go to data statistics page and reset it and start tracking the database and compare it daily 

Need Help? Let's chat.