Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi

Mickey678
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have two questions as I am new to public mobile

Question one 

When I am in the process of port my phone number from my old provider to public mobile when can I remove my old sim card and put in my new sim card

Question two 

Let's say I don't have enough money on my credit card can I add a voucher and it will take the payment from there

8 REPLIES 8

@Mickey678  When you are in My Account, there is an option to load voucher into the account.  Once you loaded the voucher, the amount will show up as Available Fund.  PM always deduct money from Available fund first, it will then get money from the credit card for any outstanding amount after

So, if you load enough money from the voucher, it won't touch your credit card at all for that renewal

@Mickey678 

don't change your credit card keep it in account to you getting rewards,

when you buy it vouchers and how to add to your account by call *611

once connected press (1) then (1) again and enter the 12 digit PIN #,

or by Login Page

Mickey678

How to add a voucher on your profile and another question will it try to charge my card first before rake it out of my voucher balance 

@Mickey678 wrote:

Question one 

When I am in the process of port my phone number from my old provider to public mobile when can I remove my old sim card and put in my new sim card

Question two 

Let's say I don't have enough money on my credit card can I add a voucher and it will take the payment from there

My suggestion would be to keep the old SIM card in your old phone until the service stop working.  Even if you have replied YES to the text message to authorize the number port, you will miss any incoming calls if you remove it untilt he process is complete.  Ideally, you would have a second phone so that you would receive the incoming calls no matter which carrier they get directed to, but I understand that's not always an option.

@Mickey678   You can use *611 to top up or you can top up via My Account

Mickey678

How do you add a voucher on your account once you buy it from loblaws

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mickey678 wrote:

Question one 

Question two 

@Mickey678   

When you request porting, you have to make sure your old account is still active and able to receive text.  You will receive a text from your old provider asking for your approval of the port, you have to reply YES within 90 minutes.  Then you can remove the old sim card and put in PM sim card there.  

then you will try to make incoming calls.  it won't happen at once, maybe within 2 hours.  So, restart the phone every 30 mins and try incoming call  until the PM sim rings, then the process is completed.  Once the port is completed, your old provider's account will also be closed

Yes, you can pay by voucher if you want to .  Still leave the credit card on the system.  When you need to use voucher, make sure you top up the voucher ahead of the renewal date.  Also, buy the voucher from SDM/Shell/7-11, their vouchers can be used immediately, vouchers from some other stores might have a 24 hours wait time before they can be used

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Mickey678 

Q. 1. port your phone number from  old provider, is have to active, also need to keep the old SIM card to you will getting SMS about port to you reply yes.

Q, 2. if you don't have enough money in your credit card yes you can add a voucher to your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.