cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi can I set a notification through text on my phone if my sons account goes over the 500MB?

Lyndzjl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

10 REPLIES 10

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Lyndzjl   and are you are $25 plan?  just want to confirm you aware that if you setup Autopay, you will get 500MB bonus data for a total for 1GB data.  Check to see if it is enabled  🙂

Lyndzjl

THANK YOU!

@Lyndzjl   I don't think iOS has app that can auto forward tex 😞

So, your choice would be only to frequently login to your son's PM My Account and check the data usage under My Data & Add-Ons.    But as advised, there is no overage here.  Once the data are used up, the data will cut off until the new cycle starts

Lyndzjl

HI IOS apple phone-thank you

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

there are no overages on PM

Thanks @BeachNBeer for adding that.

@Lyndzjl  Yup, i missed that you want the text on your phone.  No , there is no such service with PM.  You can try monitor via Self-serve My Account.  Or the only thing I can think of is to install some text forwarding app.  Are you on iOS or Android?

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech  I didn't mention the text. As the OP is asking about receiving a notification to them for their sons phone. The son would get the notification 75%, etc on their phone but the OP (Mom or Dad) want a text.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lyndzjl   PM is running on no surprise billing,  data would get cut off once the data allowance are all used up.  Also, PM would send you text information you about that as well

You can also set some app on your device to monitor the usage.  But PM is running on 30 days cycle, so, you need to setup something that can auto reset after 30 days and not monthly.  Here are some recommended app

Android: Data Counter Widget, Data Witness PM

iOS: My Data Manager 

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lyndzjl  No. However you never have to worry about overcharges. You pay in advance for your package. If the package includes 500mb. Once the data is all used up then it stops completely. Then you're options are to buy an add-on for more data, change to a higher plan and pay immediately or contact support to renew plan early and pay or just wait till your renewal date for more data.

There are never overcharges with Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.