cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! :(

StarrShea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my phone a few months ago. The first time I called my Voicemail, a notification came up on my phone asking me if I wanted to change my number to the previous owner’s phone number. I accidentally chose yes. I have no idea how to fix it!! My phone usually says “Public Mobile” at the top, every once in awhile it will say “Emergency Calls Only”, which I then have to switch to “Airplane Mode” and turn back off to get my service to work. When I get a phone call it sometimes sends the caller straight to my voicemail and text messages are either not received at all or received after I switch on and off “Airplane Mode”. Please Help! 😞  

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@StarrShea wrote:

I activated my phone a few months ago. The first time I called my Voicemail, a notification came up on my phone asking me if I wanted to change my number to the previous owner’s phone number. I accidentally chose yes. I have no idea how to fix it!! My phone usually says “Public Mobile” at the top, every once in awhile it will say “Emergency Calls Only”, which I then have to switch to “Airplane Mode” and turn back off to get my service to work. When I get a phone call it sometimes sends the caller straight to my voicemail and text messages are either not received at all or received after I switch on and off “Airplane Mode”. Please Help! 😞  

@StarrShea  - strange..

1 - 

Are you able to access your voicemail?

If you have a voicemail number saved in your contacts, I would suggest to delete it.

Then search for your local calling area in this list to add as a contact to your phone as your new voicemail contact...see list of voicemail access numbers here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

2 -

Are you an iphone user?

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

If there is an old number attached to the device, deregister it.

Deregister the number on the iphone: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@StarrShea wrote:

@StarrShea   is this a new phone or you have been using this phone since you joined PM?  

Did you try putting your Network connection to 3G Only and see if you are receiving the calls?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@StarrShea   I 've never heard of that kind of message via voicemail or the ability to change phone numbers within the voicemail.

However, if you feel you have someone else's number then you can always change your number again as PM permits 4 number changes within 30 days at no cost.  Log into your self serve account and select Change Number (right hand side of page) and then select the city/area and select one from available numbers.  You can refresh the list of available numbers by selecting another city and then back to your preferred city.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@StarrShea 

The voicemail will be sometime a CS_Agent can help you reset.

Your other problem with cellular connection could be a phone issue or you maybe in a dead zone.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@StarrShea wrote:

1.  Restart your phone may fix the incoming call going to voicemail without ringing issue.  Report your result.

2,  Login to your self-serve account.  What is the phone number showing on the "Plan and Add-Ons" page?

If it is the same phone number that you are using, nothing had changed.

Report back If it is difference than the one you were using.

Need Help? Let's chat.