cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help setting up online account

summitsrule
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there a way to register an online account, without having to verify the phone number?  

I know this sounds odd, but I just activated a new phone for my 74 year old father in-law under my name today.  He is very bad with phones so this is an emergency only type of phone.  The phone is working and all that, but I need to register an online account so we can setup the auto pay to a credit card.  He has the phone at his house a distance away from me, and can not figure out how to open the text with the verification code.  PS, the store could not get my credit card to work today for an unknown reason to either of us, so we left that blank for the auto pay, and I want to get it done right away so I know his phone will continue to work after 30 days is up.

PS, I have 2 other accounts setup and working flawlessly with Public Mobile, 1 per each of my kids, all on separate emails.

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@summitsrule 

Does your father live alone? Does he have a neighbour or someone who checks in on him? Maybe you can arrange for someone a little more text savvy to be with him when you are setting up the self serve account who can text or call you with the code? Or you can go for the ultimate teaching moment and teach your dad how to at least open a text. If its a flip phone he may only need to open the phone to view the text since its only a 6 digit alphanumeric code getting sent from 611 that he can write down and you can call him to get.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

summitsrule

Okay, figured, thought I would try here.  Thanks!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@summitsrule Unfortunately, you need the verification code sent by a text msg to create the self-serve account. This is for security reasons and I doubt there is any other way to bypass this process.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@summitsrule 

Aah, yes then you will definitely need to verify a text on the phone when creating a new account. No way around it.

summitsrule

We activated in a store a few hours ago.  We did not have to create a self serve account then.  We did have to put a pin down to activate.  Tried the forgot password option, won't recognize my email.  

Yes I am trying to activate a new self serve account basically, but can not get the pin from him lol.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@summitsrule 

When did you activate the SIM? You may have had to create a self-serve account then. Perhaps if you put in an email in the Forgot Password link, you may be able to reset the password?

Aside from that, when creating a new self-serve account, phone verification will definitely be needed. But most of us who activate online already have a self-serve account after activation. Unless we activate in store.

Need Help? Let's chat.