cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help porting number

Kevlar44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi i tried to port my number out yesterday to PC Mobile and it didnt work. I had no service or phone then 6 hours or so later at 9:15 i get an email welcoming me to public mobile as if my number was portes back to here. My subscription expired today so i cant make calls although i coupd get the eversafe text to login. Is there something going wrong on your end? 

8 REPLIES 8

@Kevlar44   I would suggest you need to contact PC Mobile support to find out what went wrong as it's the new provider that needs to take the lead.

Kevlar44

Yes i followed all instructions.

@Kevlar44   Have you installed the PC Mobile physical sim (or esim) and restarted the phone?

Kevlar44

Of course. I got an email of confirmation from PC Mobile too.

@Kevlar44  And did your reply YES with in the 90 minute window ?

Kevlar44

My accout was active yesterday and it didnt work. I got a text asking me to port and reply yes.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Kevlar44   How did you try to port out your number, it should be done at the new provider end?  Did you leave your PM sim in the phone to answer YES to the authorization text message?  Now that your subscription has expired it complicates things since you need an active account in order to be able to port out (this is standard for all carriers).  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kevlar44 do you see option for “didn’t get code “ tap it and you should see option to have code sent to email instead . But you will need to make payment to resume services and have new provider re trigger the port request . Leaving the PM simcard in phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port out . Also note if your having issues making payment you can also buy payment voucher from shoppers drug mart and load it *611 . Both accounts need to be active  to port number 

Need Help? Let's chat.