cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!!! Something very strange is happening with my account...

ammt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The mobile service suddenly stopped working, even though there was credit / time remaining on the current monthly plan. Then, when logging in to the account, it said that the account has been suspended due to no funds, but it also says that it is setup for autopayment (as it was) and the credit card, etc., are all still valid. Upon clicking on the "reactivate" payments came out of the credit card, and eventually the phone started working - however, there are still error messages saying the account is suspended, and also it is saying that the accounted was suspended "back" in Feb 2022, as if that is the past. Further, none of my account info is working to allow me to submit a help ticket, it all says it is not recognized. Suffice to say, the account is a mess, and it is unclear how this happened, or how to resolve it, and I cannot get hold of anyone to help resolve... if this is not resolved, I will have no choice but to create a new account with a different provider and port the number over and take the loss on funds already credited here 😞

14 REPLIES 14

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Displaying account suspended on the plan renewal day is common but stopping of service is new thing. 

Contact support agents by sending direct msg to CSA_Agent and they can check whats wrong with your account.

P.S. Was there any changes on the credit card info? address, phone # etc.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ammt  - hopefully you get this sorted out with a Public Mobile Customer support agent. 

It does seem curious though.

When was your last plan renewal?

Did you make any plan changes since then?

A screenshot may help assess things, if you are able to provide that here (no personal info. though).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez now things are getting indented and out of sorts. Edit: fixed

@ammt : Please post a screenshot of your payment history from here (not payment card). The chronology of events does sound confusing. And if you could, a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out any personal info of course. 

baseeem-saeed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I read a few days ago the public will stop the community and sending tickets for a few days between 4-7 of January ,the account will be a mess and you can’t submit a ticket for now .not sure how will solve the issue with them so will have to wait and see .either-way they have business hours so if you send  a massage now they will answer you tomorrow so you will have to wait until then .

@ammt  sorry to hear that.  but opening ticket with chatbot using My Account credentials seem to have some issue last couple days

no worry, the direct message way will work.    🙂

ammt

That is part of the challenge... I am unable to open a ticket. Very discouraged at this point... I tried submitting a "private" message per the link above (CS_AGENT), unclear if that worked or not. The Self-Serve site is a mess, nothing seems to be working on that for my account.

@ammt   we don't know.. Open a ticket first and explain to PM support what happened.  

We have seen PM being nice and offered some compensation in different situations. However, each one is unique and hard to tell.   If the first reply you got is not what you want, you can demand to escalate to a senior staff.

Kindly let us know how it turns out

ammt

Will it also credit me the money it owes, for having suspended the account for now reason? Also, why did it do that? The first question was rhetorical: the system itself will not correct this credit issue, that simply not how it works (it is not that sophisticated). Also, for the suspension piece, that will require a human to look at the issue, someone technical who knows what they're doing.

@ammt   you can submit your ticket with PM this way.  I suggest you to submit it and ask. If you got overcharged, they will likely credit you back.  And you can ask for compensation for the 1.5 week  without service

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices,

click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ammt 

if showing at your Self-Serve a messages those Expired or suspended and your services are working,

just ignore,,

all customers getting those message the night before day of renewal.

on the date cycle payment is will automatically renewal.

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra

7. Click ‘Submit’,
9.after payment successful,  you have to do Rebooting your phone
what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.
10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$$ has the amount left, and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

if you need To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent 

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.

mirzaali1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

like z10user4 said, its probably a delay in the processing. check back in a day and hopefully it will have been resoved.

ammt

So, not an issue that I lost 1.5 weeks of already paid service, and got charged again when I shouldn't have? And also the fact that there is no way for me to submit help tickets per "SIMon" or whatever... it doesn't work either for me now. That is definitely not normal functioning of the system, at best, very poorly written error / exception handling, at worst, Public Mobile has been hacked.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ammt   Autopay could have failed.  It happens unfortunately.

So, you managed to pay and phone start working?  If so, forget the My Account for now, check back in couple hours using Incognito mode of the browser.  It will probably show Active soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ammt : Leave it all alone. If your services are working now then it will all sort itself out over the next day or two. What matters is that your services are working. The Feb date is your new renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.