cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help. Autopay error. Card payment not accepted. Can not find vouchers

newtovan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

My account was set to renew today via AutoPay. It has not worked and my account has been suspended. The card that was assigned to AutoPay is the card used to top up originally. I have tried to re-enter the card and an alternative with no luck (Visa debit & Visa Credit). I also ventured out to Money Mart and Shell and both places told me they do not sell vouchers for Public Mobile. I also had no luck trying to update over the phone. I have sent an email to Publi Mobile but if anyone has a solution please do share. I am job hunting so its a real problem not to have my phone working.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

37 REPLIES 37

publicphone5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Help! I can’t make phone calls or do anything because my ‘service is suspended’. Because Public Mobile for some reason stopped taking my autopay. How do I fix this??

kht416

Yeah I responded 2 hours ago. NO REPLY from either the mod or the person who contacted me.

kht416

then maybe the private area should be a different color. I never had to do anything here other then pay and never had a problem until now. I responded to the message in the box, because the replys and messages look the same. AWFUL useablity

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kht416 FYI for future reference, the whole point of using private messages is to not publicly post all your info, as you did (briefly, before Marie-Helene edited your message to mask it).  This is a public community, viewable by literally anyone, including Google's search engine...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kht416

I just sent a message to the mod account 

I sent you a PRIVATE MESSAGE so you have access to one account.

One account is 416-xxx-xxxx  email : xxxxxxxxxx@mail.com PIN : xxxx

Second account is 647-xxx-xxxx  email: xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com PIN: xxxx

Neither account is accepting the credit card that is on file which has worked since november of last year and IS ACTIVE, or even a secondary credit card I tried using. What is the issue? The website is also super slow.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @kht416

I can see that my colleague Noella got back to you about two hours ago, but we have not received any answer from you since then. In order for us to look into it and help, we'll need some information to locate and access your account. 

Please take a look at your inbox and we'll be happy to assist. 

Thanks 🙂

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

kht416

I never used vouchers an dpaid for two different accounts with a credit card that does work. Either your billing system has issues or the webiste. Fix it, it's impossible address this issue when no one responds for hours in chat.

Glad to hear the matter is resolved for now @newtovan. You should aim to just use whatever credit/debit card you would like to make payments with, in the long run. If you rely on vouchers, you will be ineligible or the autopay rewards.

I'm sure @Guetson_R will work with you to get the payment problem solved permanently in the days to come.

newtovan

My account has just be reactivated by @Guetson_R which is great. I truly appreciate it.

We have not resolved the issues re payment/top up for the next time it is required and will continue to discuss this.

I appreciate the community help with this and am happy to have resoluved the account reactivation.

Will provide feedback on top up via card and if I am able to find places who do provide vouchers in the future.

Thank you.

@newtovan I'd recommend coming back to the community often (atleast once every couple hours until your issue is resolved) for updates, and to respond to the manager's private messages to you.

Guetson_R
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@newtovan

Hi,

I would like to apologize for my late response. I have sent you a private message. Please, take the time to read it.

Sorry again

Guetson_R
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@newtovan

Hi,

I would like to apologize for my late response. I have sent you a private message. Please, take the time to read it.

Sorry again

newtovan
Thank you @7789849803

@newtovan It's difficult to create a completely secure phone service. I suppose you could list on your resumes a VOIP number as "home" and PM as "business" in the hopes that someone wanting reach you will call home if business is down? Definitely a challenge. Smiley Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@newtovan It looks like a lot of resources are already being devoted to your issue at the current moment. Hang in there buddy - you'll see this will get sorted out soon enough.

newtovan
Thank you @Luddite i have Skype and Google Voice. Unfortunately i didnt have this info on resumes. I have stopped my job hunt for the week to avoid any further issues.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@7789849803

I understand we want to help our friend @newtovan we have someone working on this!

@newtovan You need a back up plan for employers to reach you. Until PM is running again try a VOIP app on your phone (Fongo for example can be set up quickly). When you have access to wifi you will be able to call and listen to voicemail on that number.

Fingers crossed for a quick resolution.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Interesting. It looks like @Guetson_R has not been online since Monday.

@Jeremy_M@Mansi_G@Cat_L@David_J@Val_T@Lachlan_M - are any of you able to immediately jump in to salvage this situation, given the extended absense of our other community manager?

Our friend has been suffering without service for about a week now, and since s/he is currently looking for a job, the situation demands even more urgent attention. Thanks in advance for doing whatever the situation calls for.

newtovan

Thanks @7789849803,

I should have said that I responded to the private message from @Guetson_R on Tuesday but have not heard back. I have double checked and its in my sent messages. Please let me know if I need to re-send or need to get in touch a different way.

@newtovan Our community manager has been trying to reach you since early Monday morning (more than 3 days ago), and this is the first response from you on this thread since then. It is absolutely imperative that you respond promptly to a PM support employee when they reach out to you. Not doing so is a great way to prolong the time it takes to resolve your problem.

Please work with @Guetson_R one-on-one (either through private messages or on here directly) to get this resolved. I can assure you that the PM support team will keep working with you until the problem is resolved. But if you don't respond to them in a timely manner, you will not have anyone else to blame for the crisis in these times of your job search.

All the best to you.

newtovan

Hi all, @7789849803 @srlawren @Guetson_R

I have used the store locator and been to three stores. Shell and Money Mart on West Broadway and Esso on Cnr Davies & Burrard. The first two had no idea what I was asking. Esso were able to print a barcode from a machine behind their till but their main system was unable to recognise it and they were unable to sell it to me.

I have done everything I can think of. Is there anything else I can try? I missed out on a job this week because I'm not contactable when I leave the house. I am going to have to change networks. Am I able to take my number to a new network.

Thanks

Guetson_R
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@7789849803

It is in fact a great idea. I'm just waiting until he answers the message that I have sent to him on private.

Thank you

@Guetson_R Maybe you should just put @newtovan on a 10 day plan for now for free, so it immediately restores the account? No one should have to suffer through no cellphone service for the better part of a week when looking for a job...

Guetson_R
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@newtovan

Hi,

I have sent you a private message to analyse the issue in your account.

Please, take the time to check your message.

Thank you

srlawren

@manil_c wrote:

I'm surprised the system has these sort of issues. Then again, it's in beta!

Anyway, trying a different format to enter data was imaginative 🙂

Thank you!  Yes, I was surprised too, especially when the form gives you explicit instructions to the contrary.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@newtovan I'm not sure where you are in the lower mainland, but I got my vouchers at the Shell station at 8622 200 Street in Langley, BC, V1M 3A6.  But the PM site has a locator for other places that sell, you can search by your location. Locator is here:  https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/how-to-pay

The code that the Shell employee needed to enter was "PBLMBL".  I went in and picked up two Public Mobile gift card looking things from the gift card rack and took them to the till.  The lady said they were just for display and she started looking on her terminal behind the till.  As she wasn't familiar with PM's vouchers, she asked me if PBLMBL was right and I had no idea but she said it was the only one that sounded close to their name so I took the chance and they worked.  I just found the vouchers in my drawer and they say right at the top in all caps "PBLMBL".  

After you buy, you take the receipt (that's all you get is what looks like a receipt), sign into your self-serve account, make a payment, from voucher, and you enter the PIN number that's printed on the receipt, something like this:

##########

Your PIN number is

XXXX XXXX XXXX

##########

where the x's are the actual 12 digits of your PIN.

@newtovan Wow - I'm so sorry to hear that your payment issue is still unresolved even after 3 days!

Since it has been well past 48 hours since you emailed PM support and you still haven't heard back, I am now notifying @Mansi_G and @Jeremy_M. They are community managers who will esclate your problem, and hopefully fix the issue right away.

newtovan

Hello @youbme

Day 3 of trying and still no luck. Same error message every time.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @newtovan, has your payment problem been resolved? Please let us know and we can escalate to a PM community manager if not.

Need Help? Let's chat.