cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble with phone transfer.

Rom1985
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I'm not able to receive any calls after transferring my phone number from Fido to Public Mobile. Outgoing calls, receiving and sending text messages are working. 

When received a text message from FIDO to confirm my transfer I didn't see it and didn't reply. Now it is way over 90 minutes.

I also replied 1 to the public's mobile text message to get a new text message from FIDO to confirm my transfer but never received any text messages.

I am using a Fido SIM card at the moment.

Tried to restart my phone, it didn't work.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

@Jennd 

Did you get a text from the old carrier, did you reply YES?

and can you receive inbound phone calls, especially from Non-Telus/Koodo/PM phone?  If you cannot the port was not done

It could be an incomplete port.  PM porting support team can help.  I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jennd  did you receive the text from Fido to approve the port?  did you reply yes? if you removed Fido sim, put it back and check if you can still reply yes in time

if you need to ask for status update , open ticket with PM.   Just click on the orange chatbot icon on bottom right.  Type the question Submit ticket and choose contact us.  you will get to the window to open ticket after

Jennd

I too cannot receive calls after transferring from FIDO. I CAN call out , text and Email 

many suggestion??

hi @Rom1985 then just a porting issue, please call the number i sent you

Rom1985

Yes, I can make outgoing calls. Thanks.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Rom1985 sorry, you might have a typo, can you make outgoing calls? it would be a different issue if not

for porting, You can call Public Mobile porting team to provide the correct Info and get status update.  I will send you the porting team number.  Please check your Community inbox for my message

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Rom1985  No worries I’ll send you the porting team number private message . They can re trigger the port request for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.