cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble with my 437 area code number

mestrada
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Everytime someone local calls me, they get a message indicating that the number is long distance, without fail. The number is supposed to be a local Toronto number but it doesnt seem that way so far. Also I haven't been able to access data from my phone for about a month and a half, basically since i started my plan with public mobile.

2 REPLIES 2

@mestrada wrote:

Everytime someone local calls me, they get a message indicating that the number is long distance, without fail. The number is supposed to be a local Toronto number but it doesnt seem that way so far. Also I haven't been able to access data from my phone for about a month and a half, basically since i started my plan with public mobile.

The data could either be an account issue (would require moderator assitance as mentioned before), or it could be a settings issue in your phone.

As for your 437 area code phone number, all 437 area code phone numbers are Toronto phone numbers.  If the person calling you is receiving an error message saying that they are calling long distance, I would say that is on the carrier of the person calling you to fix.  I would also try to find out of it is only people from specific carriers that are receiving this message.  If it's only people on Public Mobile/Koodo/Telus receiving this message when they call you, then by all means - contact the moderator about this as well.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@mestrada Verify that all callers are getting that message when they try to reach you. In this case, you can reach out to the Moderator_Team with your account details and they will help you escalating the issue to the tech team. 

For the data, check if your APN settings are correct. If you are on android phone, select Mobile Internet as the apn settings and then reboot the phone. Also make sure you turn on your data. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Setting-Up-Data-APN-On-Your-Ph...

Need Help? Let's chat.