cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble logging in to change my credit card for autopay

Yzz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My credit card recently expired and I was set up for autopay. I’m trying to log in to change the credit card number and I’m getting locked out of my account. I’ve tried password reset and it says my account has been locked and I need to contact public mobile for support, but I cannot find a number where I can talk to a live person. Dialing *611 or 1-855-478-2542 just has the automated messages which don’t help. How can I get in touch with an ACTUAL person at Public to resolve this issue?

6 REPLIES 6

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Yzz :To get in touch with actual person in Public Mobile customer service you can either click the white bubble in bottom right corner or click envelope button in top right corner to contact the Moderator Team.

While waiting for the Moderator Team to reply, as it will be most likely several hours, other customers on this forum can keep you company while you wait and give you advice too that could help.

Waiting for the Moderator Team to reply via private message isn't much different than waiting on hold on the phone for hours for customer service, but at least while you wait you can search this forum for advice and real customers can also weight in on your problem too.

@Yzz wrote:

I’ve tried over the course of a few days. I always wait an hour in between and have cleared my cache/ tried on different devices. How can I speak to a real person 

Top of this page, click Get Help / Chat with Simon to start process of moderator assistance.

edit...in the meantime, you can get a payment voucher at most 7-11 type of stores...(make sure it's activated right away as some aren't). London Drugs or Shell has them too. Then dial 611 to add the voucher to your account until cc issue is squared away with moderator assistance.

@Yzz 

Regrettably there will be no one you can speak with directly at public mobile.  All service is online.

When you update your credit card / payment card follow this method to prevent the minor glitches that users have sometimes faced with this process: 

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose Manage My Card.
  4. Select replace card rather than remove card.
  5. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  6. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  7. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  8. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  9. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Yzz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve tried over the course of a few days. I always wait an hour in between and have cleared my cache/ tried on different devices. How can I speak to a real person 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Yzz...

try again in an hour. Try using a different web browser.

Also, clear your cache files.

Need Help? Let's chat.