cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Issues with Receiving 2FA Text Messages!

kanktechmail
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To Whom It May Concern:

I am having issues with receiving 2FA text messages.  At times it takes unusually long to receive the text, and at times I just simply don’t receive it at all.  Sometimes, I get the texts soon after a phone power cycle.  

Since then, as per Apple help, I have reset the phone and reaching out to you guys!  

When I can avoid it, I do not use the outdated Text Messages as a 2FA option.  However, some services, including Uber and Amazon still insists on verifying via Text messages!  Just can’t help it!  And I don’t use text messages for communication purposes either, I have Gmail chat!

I am running the latest IOS16.2, and Apple cannot detect any hardware defects.  Since, I am receiving the text after a reset, they believe it is on the carrier’s end!

Could someone please help me with this?!! Can you do a reset or something on your end!

Thank you in advance,

Kan K

5 REPLIES 5

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It will not solve your problem, but Amazon does have an option to use some TOTP app for verification (I recommend 2FAS). 

As for Uber, also I didn't get it at first, but then asked for another one, and got it. Uber also has to send by 'WhatsApp' option which is good to have if you don't have service but have internet. Or not getting SMS.. And Call to your phone. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kanktechmail are you with PM for sometime already?

or this happens on a line that just ported into PM not long ago?

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@kanktechmail wrote:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am having issues with receiving 2FA text messages.  At times it takes unusually long to receive the text, and at times I just simply don’t receive it at all.  Sometimes, I get the texts soon after a phone power cycle.  

Since then, as per Apple help, I have reset the phone and reaching out to you guys!  

When I can avoid it, I do not use the outdated Text Messages as a 2FA option.  However, some services, including Uber and Amazon still insists on verifying via Text messages!  Just can’t help it!  And I don’t use text messages for communication purposes either, I have Gmail chat!

I am running the latest IOS16.2, and Apple cannot detect any hardware defects.  Since, I am receiving the text after a reset, they believe it is on the carrier’s end!

Could someone please help me with this?!! Can you do a reset or something on your end!

Thank you in advance,

Kan K

Not sure what happened to your iPhone. I have iPhone 8 plus and system is iOS 16.2 and don't have any problem to text messages or 2FA as you have. 

If you can get 2FA on Uber and Amazon, then it's not problem at PM end. 

If your service is suspended when you login PM account, then you won't get 2FA from text but instead of from email, so it's not problem at PM end.

If you can send text message and receive text message, then it's not problem at PM end.

Therefor I think your iPhone setting may has some issue. Make sure MMS or iMessage is on. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

May as well ask customer support,  @kanktechmail 

Please do report their response on this thread, if you will.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kanktechmail 

Normally you won't receive the 2FA code through text is because your account is suspended. If you are on AutoPay, you shouldn't run into this issue.

If your account is suspended, you can only get the 2 FA code to the email you registered on your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.