cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have no service, no voice no data... My sim is not working! Help!!!

M82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

31 REPLIES 31

M82

@RichmondBC thanks for your response... it was related to the outage last week.  No more issues on my end.  Thanks again for the FYI!

@Katemorash  Yeah, there's some odd circumstances going on here, i.e. phone worked fine up until cancelling old Koodo plan, and SIM works fine in another phone.

On one hand, it SEEMS like the issue could have something to do with the Koodo cancellation, although that COULD just be a case of bad timing, and on the other hand, it seems like it HAD TO be a phone issue.

I think @Dunkman  is right, i.e. you need to try a known working SIM, or 2 or 3, if possible, in that phone, to see if it is a hardware issue.

As for the question about the email, that @gblackma  mentioned, given the odd coincidence of the cancelling of the Koodo account, and the PM service not working, I have to wonder if the Koodo account was a prepaid account? The reason I ask, is because PM and Koodo prepaid(not their postpaid accounts) apparently share some infrastructure, and since the same email address was used for both, just MAYBE the cancelling of the Koodo account somehow affected the PM account..... 🤔 

@Katemorash 

If possible, maybe try putting another working mobile SIM card (different company) in your iphone to see whether your phone works.  

I might even suggest factory reset the phone. (back up phone first though)

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gblackma wrote:

@Katemorash , it shouldn't however, there was some maintenance done over the weekend..  So, I would say contact a moderator and explain your situation. Ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@Katemorash wrote:

Things do work when I put SIM in the other phone. 

And yes the same email was used for both accounts? How can that matter?

They said it works in a different phone. What's contacting a mod going to do? It;s clearly an issue with the iPhone. 

@Katemorash It doesn't matter what the Apple reps say, your own testing proved it's a device issue

@Katemorash , it shouldn't however, there was some maintenance done over the weekend..  So, I would say contact a moderator and explain your situation. Ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@Katemorash wrote:

Katemorash

@Katemorash by the SIM working in another phone, do you mean that you can actually do everything? Or does it just show the PM network? You never answered this question, did you use the same email address for both the Koodo and PM account? Thanks.

Katemorash

So we called the previous provider, we called Apple support, we found out that the phone is not blacklisted. Nothing is working, including the suggestions listed here. 

Apple tried several things and they think it is a carrier issue. Obviously getting really tired of all of this run around. It seems extremely absurd that I would have to get a new phone when things were working just fine. 

@Katemorash 

Looks like iphone issue.  Maybe check the status of the phone to make sure it is not blacklisted for some reason.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Or maybe try to contact apple support.  

@Katemorash If the service works on another phone then it's something to do with your iPhone.

Try these IPhone fixes here. https://www.payetteforward.com/my-iphone-says-no-service-heres-the-real-fix/

@Katemorash wrote:

SIM works in another phone. So that means it is a iPhone issue???

Katemorash

SIM works in another phone. So that means it is a iPhone issue???

@Katemorash wrote:

I tried those things, and it only says that my iPhone is not activated. The service disappears after that message. 

@Katemorash 

Is it possilbe that your iphone got blacklisted?  Especially, if you bought used.  

Maybe try the SIM card in another phone.  To help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

Katemorash

I tried those things, and it only says that my iPhone is not activated. The service disappears after that message. 

@Katemorash 

@Katemorash wrote:

I have had my new public mobile number for a few months. Nothing got ported over, I just got a new number when I switched to public.

It's only after I cancelled my old number (koodo) yesterday that my new number wont connect to the network. 

If you are still using the new PM number, cancelling your old Koodo number would not affect your new PM number.  There was an outage yesterdy which affected many people's phone, but it is supposedly now fixed.  Maybe check your self service account to make sure that your account is still active (not suspended)

Try rebooting your phone.  Toggle airplane mode on, then off (help reconnect to network).  

@Katemorash Did you use the same email for both accounts? Thanks. 

@Katemorash wrote:

I have had my new public mobile number for a few months. Nothing got ported over, I just got a new number when I switched to public.

It's only after I cancelled my old number (koodo) yesterday that my new number wont connect to the network. 

Katemorash

@Katemorash wrote:

My phone is doing to same thing. 

Just yesterday I had to call my old provider (Koodo) to tell them to cancel my old account. Could that have done something to interrupt my new number/phone?

@Katemorash 

More details woud be helpful.  Are you a new customer or old customer?  Did you port your old number over from Koodo?  Does anything work with your phone?

You need to have active old account (ie. Koodo) to get ported over to Public mobile.  

Katemorash

My phone is doing to same thing. 

Just yesterday I had to call my old provider (Koodo) to tell them to cancel my old account. Could that have done something to interrupt my new number/phone?

@M82  After rebooting the next best thing to try is airplane mode as it completely disconnects from the network and then reconnects to the network establishing in most cases a much stronger connection. Im happy everything has gone back to normal!

M82

@darlicious services have returned after putting in Airplane mode.

Prior to doing that, I noticed that LTE was flickering, so I restarted the phone hoping that it would reset the service... But when all services including voice did not come back, I feared the scam.  Thankfully it's not!  

Thanks to all for assistance!

RichmondBC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@M82 The data outage issue has been resolved 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/ISSUE-RESOLVED-Intermittent-Impact-to-D...

If you still have issue with your phone then it might not be related to the data outage issue.

@M82  Have you tried calling your number? Do you have reason to suspect a SIM swap scam? Your account would not be active if that was the case. Try turning airplane mode on. Wait 5min. Turn off. Have your services returned? Check to see if the outages are affecting where you are.

I just tried from Burnaby, BC (West Coast) data should be okay. No restart needed. 

Hip hip hooray!

M82

@mpcdesign , was concerned because all services are suddenly dead. Just need some reassurance that this is not a SIM swap scam

M82

Account status is still active.... Hoping this is NOT a SIM swap scam

slowbiker23

Edit: just saw the post above

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@M82, Canada-wide data issues. Please be patient. 

billibala

doesn't work here in BC either

M82

I didn't just sign up.... I'm in Ontario!  Been active for over a year. 

Can't call out, can't receive calls, no data. Lte was flickering just 30 minutes ago. 

Checking my account status now....

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you just sign up?

Did you port from another provider?

Have you logged into your account to see the status? If account is active or suspended?

Was your renewal payment do recently?

Currently there's an on going Canada wide internet outage affecting some customers but it should not affect all services..

Please check your account and let us know the status of it...

Need Help? Let's chat.